This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Queen’s Wish: The Conqueror, the latest RPG from famed indie developer Spiderweb Software.
You are the offspring of the Queen of Haven. After enjoying a childhood of plenty and luxury, the Queen has banished you from the empire so that you can prove your worth as the next ruler by reconquering the vasal states currently rebelling against Haven.
However, is that what you actually want to do now that you’ve been given power and freedom away from your mother’s watchful eye? Obediently follow the Queen’s orders or join the rebellion in the latest open-ended retro-inspired RPG by Spiderweb Software, who are currently celebrating their 25th anniversary.
Queen’s Wish: The Conqueror is available on Windows PC and Mac via Steam and GOG for $19.99, and will be coming to iOS later this year. As with all Spiderweb games, you can find a large shareware-style demo on their official website.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
You are royalty of the mighty empire of Haven! Your mother the Queen rules, while you enjoy a life of sheltered luxury. Then, one morning, you wake up to find yourself banished to your Empire’s lost colony. You mother has declared your childhood at an end. Your mission? Prove yourself by reconquering Haven’s rebellious vassals, or don’t bother to come home.
At last, you have been given wealth, magic, soldiers. The Queen thinks you will submit and join the family business. Now that you have freedom and power, you might have other ideas…
Queen’s Wish: The Conqueror is a epic, indie fantasy role-playing adventure. Wander free through an enormous world, sink into a fascinating story full of surprises and interesting decisions, and use your cunning to outwit a multitude of dungeons and foes. In this open-ended adventure, you can build an Empire or free the oppressed. Serve the Queen or rebel. Fight or use diplomacy. Build fortresses, smith enchanted blades and armor, and deal with nagging relatives!
Queen’s Wish: The Conqueror features:
- Epic fantasy adventure with over 50 hours of gameplay.
- Open-ended story in a variety of mysterious lands, featuring many choices, paths and endings. Lots of replay value.
- Suspenseful tactical combat. Select from fifty different abilities. Build and rebuild your warriors to face rapidly changing foes.
- Explore (and conquer) an enormous outdoors and a huge variety of dungeons and enemy fortresses.
- Gain strength with a unique fortress system. Build and equip fortresses, making your warriors stronger in a wide variety of ways.
- Not just orcs and elves. Features the unforgettable races and characters that make Spiderweb Software adventures unique.
- Over 100 side quests and hundreds of magical artifacts to hunt for.
Enjoy a new adventure from Spiderweb Software, now celebrating 25 years of making fine indie fantasy role-playing goodness.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!