This is Niche Gamer Tech. In this column, we regularly cover tech and things related to the tech industry. Please leave feedback and let us know if there’s tech or a story you want us to cover!
Microsoft has opened up registration for their Project xCloud preview.
If you’re looking to try out their streaming platform, you can sign-up here.
Here’s a rundown on the process:
- Register for Project xCloud (Preview) – You will need a Microsoft account to register. If you don’t have one, you can create an account for free during registration.
- We’ll email you with next steps – If you are chosen to begin the technical preview, we will send you an acceptance email with next steps. The first round of the technical preview starts October 2019. We will only be accepting a limited number of participants in the initial test, but will admit new players throughout the year.
- Get the Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) app – Once you get accepted, install the app to your Android device, then go to the Project xCloud section of the app and log in with the account you used to register for the preview.
- Pair your Xbox Wireless Controller – Follow the steps in the app to pair your Xbox Wireless Controller with Bluetooth and Android device. Optionally, you can choose to clip the controller to your phone.
- Go play and share your feedback with us – Select any game in the cloud library and start playing on your Android device. Provide feedback in the app to shape the future of game streaming.