This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Todays Spotlight is Gods of Havoc: Into the Void, the first game in an older indie franchise by Mykel Flynn that has finally made its way to Steam.
Gods of Havoc: Into the Void is a god game made in RPGMaker, an interesting feat in its own right. You play as an ancient interstellar god tasked with protecting your people as they travel across the stars, spread your religion, colonize planets, and fight against the worshippers of rival gods. Aid your worshippers with powerful spells, and plant suggestions through dreams to subtly guide them on their journey. You can check out a trailer above.
Gods of Havoc: Into the Void is available on Windows PC via Steam for $7.99.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Gods of Havoc heralds a return to the classic God-Game.
Gods of Havoc is a three-part series offering difficult, turn-based strategy. Each game places the player as a god in different eras of a planet’s history. ‘Gods of Havoc: Into the Void’ takes place on a galactic scale.
Gods of Havoc: Into the Void
You take the roll of a god, to a sentient, and self-governing populace. With no interference from you, your people will spread out to the stars, colonize new worlds, build fantastic structures, wage wars, and reshape the universe… that is, they would, if there weren’t other gods, and other races, waiting to stop them.
As a god, you have the power to aid your people with powerful magics, and to guide their progress with suggestions and dreams. Even with your help, it may not be enough to defeat the brutal and magical forces building against them.
- A turn-based strategy game.
- Battle up to ten other gods and their peoples.
- An intelligent simulation of space colonization, exploration, and exploitation.
- Use a ‘Pass-Time’ option to move the game forward,
- And customize a log to alert you when certain events happen.
- A fiendishly difficult AI with various difficulties.
- Crafted from a love of Populous, Megalomania, and other ancient god-game classics!
- 3 game-modes: standard solar systems, high density asteroids, and completely random placement. Each offers unique gameplay and strategies.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!