This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is We Need To Go Deeper, a cooperative undersea adventure game by Deli Interactive that recently left Early Access.
In this roguelite adventure, up to four players must cooperative to drive a submarine to the darkest depths of the ocean. You can check out a launch trailer above.
Players will need to man various stations throughout the submarine, make emergency repairs, and fend off attacks by vicious monsters. Players can also leave the submarine to explore underwater caves to find resources, artifacts, and valuable upgrades.
We Need To Go Deeper is available on Windows PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam for $15.99.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
DIVE. DISCOVER. DIE.
Crew a submarine with friends in We Need To Go Deeper – a 2-4-player cooperative submarine roguelike set in a Verne-inspired undersea universe.
- 2-4-Player Online Co-op – Designed with human interaction in mind, in We Need to Go Deeper you communicate or perish. Play with friends, strangers, or bots!
- Crew Your Submarine – Pilot, repair, load torpedoes and reroute power as you and your crew dash around one of several unlockable submarines on your voyage into the deep.
- Explore The Living Infinite – The Living Infinite is an ever-changing undersea trench – with randomized biomes, on-foot expeditions, loot, civilizations and a dynamic difficulty system to keep you guessing every time you take a dive.
- Wield a Variety of Tools – From wrenches, to wedding rings, to electricity-powered weaponry, a wide selection of tools and weapons await discovery.
- Customize Your Adventurer – Choose from a wide variety of era-specific outfits from the 19th century so you can dive in style! Non-gender-specific mustaches included.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!