Publisher Idea Factory International has announced the PC release date for Dragon Star Varnir.
The game is launching for Windows PC (via Steam) on October 9th. The PC version will include all of the gameplay and artwork from the Japanese version, as the PS4 version had two pieces of art censored.
At release, users can purchase the standard version of the game, as well as a “Deluxe Bundle,” which includes the game and the “Deluxe Pack,” at a permanent 10% discount. The Deluxe Pack will also have a weeklong 20% discount, and it includes:
- Character and Background art collection
- Rough art collection
- PC wallpaper (x3)
- Mobile wallpaper (x6)
- Soundtrack (12 tracks)
Here’s a rundown on the game:
In a world where the bones of an ancient beast tower over the land…
The Knight Zephy is part of an order whose role is to hunt down witches—people seen as cursed beings for giving birth to dragons.
When he is almost killed on one of these missions, two mysterious witches save him from the brink of death by feeding him dragon blood.
Granted new magic abilities by their efforts, he soon finds his fate intertwined with the witches and reluctantly joins them to fight against an Empire out to destroy his kind, ruthless dragon hunters, and a witch more powerful than any in existence.
Can they fight all this and save themselves, or will his new allies succumb to the dragon’s curse…?
- Battles Take Flight – Fight enemies midair in a unique, vertically-oriented battle system. Strategically position your party at different tiers to attack and disable the enemy’s skills, one level at a time!
- Enter the Dragon – Perform enough attacks to unleash the dragon within, transforming each character to unlock devastating skills and newfound strength during battle!
- Become the Dragon – Weaken an enemy dragon to devour its element! When the element is pierced into a character, they can absorb that dragon’s skill tree. But at what cost…?
- Madness or Riches? – Three witches depend on you to bring them dragon’s blood as food. Starve them, and they go mad. Overfeed them, and they become a dragon! Will you keep them alive or sacrifice them to obtain ultra rare items and skills? Your choices will change the game’s endings!
Dragon Star Varnir is out now on PlayStation 4. In case you missed it, you can find our review here.