WayForward has announced the official title for Shantae 5.
The game is officially titled Shantae and the Seven Sirens. The game was previously confirmed for Windows PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Apple Arcade. A release date wasn’t announced.
Here’s the first screenshots and more artwork:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Having previously announced the next game in the Shantae series back in March, independent game studio WayForward is proud to reveal the official title for the hotly anticipated action-adventure-platformer: Shantae and the Seven Sirens.
Formerly referred to as Shantae 5, Shantae and the Seven Sirens sends the belly-dancing, hair-whipping, half-genie hero to a tropical island where Shantae and her friends encounter other Half-Genie allies, but they soon learn there’s trouble in paradise. As Shantae gets caught up in the island’s sinister secrets, she’ll use all-new dance abilities and instant-transformation Fusion Magic to explore the nonlinear, interconnected world where she’ll visit multiple towns, overcome treacherous labyrinths, and battle dastardly bosses. The game also features a new collectible card system that grants players the freedom to augment Shantae’s powers to suit their own style of play.
Releasing on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Apple Arcade, Shantae and the Seven Sirens is the fifth entry in the Shantae series, which originally debuted on Game Boy Color in 2002. Additional information about the game, including the distribution, pricing, and release date, will be announced as it becomes available.
- Explore an interconnected world using new Fusion Magic creature transformations, including a newt and other aquatic forms!
- 4K-resolution hand-painted visuals (on 4K devices only)!
- All-new characters and returning favorites like Rottytops, Sky, Bolo, and the nefarious Risky Boots!
- Collect and power up with monster cards!
- Enjoy minigames, acquire magic and items, and uncover secrets!
- Gorgeously animated TV-style cutscenes!