Snail Games USA has announced that the free Skyward expansion for PixARK will launch on August 20th.
Skyward is the first expansion for the voxel-based ARK: Survival Evolved spin-off, and will add a new map, 10 new biomes, new creatures, new weapons and armor, new cubes, and much more.
Here’s a rundown of the new content:
A new enemy has appeared in the world of PixARK, looking to exhaust the plentiful supply minerals. To safeguard the World of PixARK and its vast mineral supply, Explorers will have to stand up against the invaders. Explorers have begun using the enemy’s own technology against them to upgrade their weapons and gear in an effort to fight fire with fire. The future of PixARK is now in the hands of you, the Explorers!
- Explore a Floating Island – Explore the floating Island which consists of 10 distinctive island biomes, multiple new natural cube types, alien creatures, new ruins, boss challenges, a summoning altar, and new TEK technology.
- New Biomes and Cubes – Explore and harvest within all new biomes; each featuring new creatures and cube types to interact with. Traverse locations like Dawn Island, which feature Vine Cubes that allow Explorers to climb barehanded to new areas. These and many other locations and cube types await you.
- New Ruins – Challenge yourself in multiple new ruins featuring fresh biomes and creatures. Tackle the Behemoth at the Crystal Spire.. All new types of loot are waiting to be obtained as well!
- Summon Bone Creatures – Skeletal bone creatures and Fossil Cubes can be found throughout. Defeat bone creatures or harvest Fossil Cubes to obtain Fossils. With enough fossils, Explorers can venture to the Summoning Altar to summon their own tamable Bone Creatures! Though know that the Summoning Altar only spawns at a fixed time and place. Can you find it?
- TEK Technology Engrams – Infuse engrams with TEK technology to create advanced mechanized items. Use TEK technology to create new swords, guns, grenades, shields, armour, saddles and other useful materials.
PixARK is available on Windows PC (via Steam), PS4, Switch, and Xbox One.