This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Apsulov: End of Gods, a new Norse-inspired sci-fi horror game by Angry Demon Studio.
You awaken in a mysterious facility designed to research and exploit Yggdrasil for the betterment humanity. Unfortunately, the powers contained in Yggdrasil and the other Norse artifacts in the facility were never meant to be rediscovered, and now run rampant in the world of mortals. You can check out the launch trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
The humans delved far beneath the earth to find the mercy of the gods. What they found was never meant to reach the surface. Not on Midgard, nor any of the nine realms of Yggdrasil. Now their discovery wreaks havoc on their world, exploiting their technology, and leaving all in misery and decay. Through all their conquests and revelations they never stopped to consider that some things are buried for a reason.
In a world of technology and mythological artifacts, chaos rules over the human realm. It is in this chaos that you find your purpose and destiny.
In this future Viking horror you awake in a sanctuary of steel and concrete, built to research and exploit the worlds of Yggdrasil, and to house an artifact, buried in the earth aeons ago.
Unveil the secrets of the mythology, the artifacts, and the realms of Yggdrasil in Apsulov: End of Gods.
Immerse yourself in this future Viking horror containing:
- A horror-filled adventure game in first person perspective
- Norse Mythology in a sci-fi setting
- Immersive environments with atmospheric sounds and music
- A range of mechanics to help you deal with the environments and creatures in Midgard and other worlds.
- Difficulty settings, Rebindable keys for keyboard/controller, 4K-support, a reduced head-bobbing-setting and lots of other things to meet your requirements.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!