This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Collapsed, a side-scrolling action-roguelite by Glaive Games.
Choose one of four hunters and explore nine procedurally generated areas in a post-apocalyptic world. Upgrade your character by purchasing new abilities from a massive skill tree. You can check out a launch trailer above.
Like in all roguelites, death is permanent and forces you to restart the game, however your loot carries over so you don’t completely lose all your progress between runs. If the world of Collapsed proves to be too challenging, you can also bring along a friend in local and online co-op.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
In Collapsed you play as one of 4 unique Hunters who have to track down their prey. Each one has its own set of abilities, skills and combat style. You’ll have to travel through hazardous procedurally-generated levels, fighting dozens of enemy types and challenging bosses. This post-apocalyptic world is filled with useful items, that you’ll combine to gain new traits, and with experience points, you’ll invest in a vast skill tree. And you won’t lose all of your precious treasure when you’ll die! You’ll die a lot, and start from the beginning each time – but all of your loot and items are carried to your next run.
- A dangerous world to explore. Collapsed features 9 uniquely styled locations with procedurally-generated levels filled with tough enemies and deadly traps.
- Fight your way. Choose one of 4 Hunters, each with its own ranged and close combat styles, and engage in a hardcore timing-based fights. More than 60 enemy types and 15 bosses await you!
- Evolve. The game features a massive and branchy skill tree to develop your unique war machine.
- Tools of destruction. You can combine and craft over 100 different items that’ll help on your way.
- Rogue-lite. Once you’ll die (and you most certainly will), you’ll have to start from the beginning – but your hard-earned items and skills carry on.
- Fight alone or with a friend. Collapsed features a cooperative mode for one of your friends.
- 10 difficulty modifiers. In case you’re into a real challenge.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!