This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Automachef, a resource management puzzle game about building automated kitchens by Hermes Interactive and Team17 Digital.
Build the kitchens of tomorrow by designing and programing fully automated restaurants. Flex your creative freedom in the sandbox mode, or solve challenging puzzles where you have strict limits on your available resources in the campaign and puzzle scenarios. Automachef also launched with full mod support via the Steam Workshop. You can check out the launch trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Welcome to Automachef, a resource management puzzler where you design kitchens, program machinery and watch your genius come to life! It’s time to engineer tomorrow’s kitchens, today!
- Plan. Position. Program: Design and build automated restaurants, then program them to run like well-oiled machines! Do you have a can-do attitude and the know-how to conquer the world of automated restaurants?
- Challenging Puzzles: Fine tune your mind as you tackle intricate spatial, resource management and scenario puzzles! Not enough hot dogs? You’ll sort it! Kitchens on fire? No problem for a smart human like you!
- Multiple Brain-Tickling Modes: Take on the campaign levels, traverse your way through the business world in contracts mode, or just go nuts and bolts in the sandbox test mode and play until you get your fill!
- Endless Charm and Quirky Humour: All delivered in an abundance by our helplessly misguided human protagonist- Robert Person. Who is definitely a human. Don’t ask questions.
- Mod Support: Think you could bring some more pizazz to the table? GREAT! Step on up to the plate and create your own ingredients, recipes and scenario levels via Steam Workshop!
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!