HopFrog and Humble Bundle have announced that they are partnering with Nighthawk Interactive to produce a retail release of Forager for Switch and PS4 to coincide with the digital releases on those platforms.
The quirky 2D open world adventure game released for Windows PC and Linux via Steam, GOG, and the Humble Store earlier this year. The physical versions will cost $29.99 and include a poster and stickers. Both versions will launch on September 10th in North America and September 13th in Europe. You can check out a trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
The highly popular and quirky “idle game that you want to actively keep playing”. Explore, craft, gather & manage resources, find secrets and build your base out of nothing! Buy land to explore and expand!
- Become an Adventurer – With four distinct old-school dungeons to raid, players can face mighty bosses solo or with the help of NPCs, and seek out puzzles and hidden treasure chests filled with blueprints and goodies. Leveling up to learn new skills and abilities and unlocking new weapon recipes will help the intrepid adventurer.
- Become a Farmer – Players can cultivate vegetables, flowers, fruit, strange herbs and even rocks and minerals with the right tactics. Animals can become part of the family, too, as players pet, feed and take care of animals to win over their animals’ deepest loyalties through the Love System.
- Become a Gatherer – All sorts of resources, consumables and materials are available for players to forage, fish, mine, hunt, dig and farm across various biomes. The rarest discoveries can be turned in at the local Museum to showcase and earn special rewards.
- Become a Merchant – Forager is full of resources to exploit. Players can sell everything, buy more things, and then sell those things at a profit and manufacture an empire through trade and aggressive expansion.
- Become a Builder – All the land is the player’s foundation, ripe for building and growing a base out of nothing. Players can purchase land to design and decorate whatever base fits their preference, whether that be a serene farm, industrial hub, defensive fortress, or cozy cottage.
- Become… [fill in the blank] – The world of Forager is a playground for player’s choice. Anyone can set their own goals and work towards them.