This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Hyperspace Delivery Service, a retro-inspired space survival adventure game by Zotnip.
Inspired by Oregon Trail and other DOS-era adventure games, Hyperspace Delivery Service tasks you with delivering a parcel to the distant world of Miridian V. You can check out the trailer above.
While that seems like a simple task, you’ll have to navigate a galaxy full of danger as you scavenge for resources, monitor your ship’s systems, maintain the health of your crew, barter with intergalactic merchants, and fight hostile pirates and aliens in both ship-to-ship combat and boarding operations.
Hyperspace Delivery Service is full of minigames and different mechanics, including choose your own adventure-style dilemmas, puzzles, inventory management, and even a retro FPS.
Hyperspace Delivery Service is available on Windows PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam for $9.99.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
You’ve been hired by the Hyperspace Delivery Service to make a delivery to planet Miridian V.
Located on the other side of explored space, the trip to Miridian V will be a dangerous yet lucrative journey full of mad robots and unpredictable stellar phenomenon.
Can you and your crew survive the trip? Will you die from the dreaded Telunian flu? Hyperspace Delivery Service offers an exciting and strategically challenging journey where you must manage your fuel, oxygen, food, and various other supplies to make your delivery within the target time.
Choose what kind of captain you will be. Work the trade routes, learn to use your crews’ unique attributes, mine for fuel, search for abandoned supplies, fight robot space pirates on the ground in retro FPS, experience thrilling space battles from the bridge of your space ship in retro 3D space shooting action.
Can you make it to Miridian V? See you on the next delivery!
- Retro pixel art graphics
- Name your very own space ship
- Trade with aliens
- Shop at orbiting space stations
- Manage your food, fuel, oxygen, ship repairs, credits, and much more to keep your ship running and crew alive
- Name your crew members and watch them live or die by your decisions
- Original soundtrack using Adlib sound card inspired sounds
- Choose your play style. Work the trade routes, mine for fuel, work missions, and so much more.
- Fight robot pirates in retro FPS game-play
- Directly control your space ship to fend off pirate attacks
- Dodge asteroids!
- Perma-death hard mode
- Help space citizens or leave them to suffer
- Simple to understand with a quick core game loop which offers pick up and play style gaming
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!