GungHo Online Entertainment has announced a Nintendo Switch port for Granda I and II HD.
The new high-definition remaster re-release brings both Grandia HD Remaster and Grandia II HD Remaster to the hybrid console, “soon.” Further details are coming at this year’s E3.
The PC version of Grandia HD Remaster will be released on the same date, and Grandia II Anniversary Edition is being renamed to Grandia II HD Remaster, which is being sold separately on PC.
It’s worth pointing out this was technically announced late last year, however the HD remasters of each game were never released.
Here’s a rundown on the collection:
Famous for its great characters, mature storytelling, memorable music, and fantastic battle system, these classic JRPGs are renowned for being ahead of their time. GRANDIA HD Collection brings GRANDIA and GRANDIA II together with enhanced visuals, handheld support for the Nintendo SwitchTM, while GRANDIA HD Remaster and GRANDIA II HD Remaster features those same enhance visuals, as well as keyboard/gamepad support for Steam.
- Real-time, turn-based action – Experience and employ a unique action bar system for real-time fighting with distinct characters
- Magic-based combat – Gather Mana Eggs to learn and use magic-based skills, ranging from elemental attacks to character-enhancing magic for defense and offense statistical boosts
- Illustrious worlds to explore – The vibrant worlds in GRANDIA HD Collection include nostalgic starter cities such as Parm (GRANDIA) and Carbo Village (GRANDIA II) to iconic fields and areas such as The End of the World (GRANDIA) and Valmar’s Moon (GRANDIA II)
- Gather Skill Points and ATTACK! – Skill Points or Skill Coins can be used to earn incredibly intense moves that make for an extraordinary fighting experience
- Eclectic Enemy Encounters – The worlds of GRANDIA and GRANDIA II bring forth a plethora of challenging and epic enemies in the wild, as well as main storyline bosses
- Ear-Indulging, Melodious Compositions – Experience world exploration, momentous battles, and legendary in-game experiences in beautiful harmony with musical compositions from acclaimed Japanese composer Noriyuki Iwadare