Zojoi, a new studio founded by Shadowgate creators Dave Marsh and Karl Roelofs, have announced their next big game – Argonus and the Gods of Stone.
The new first-person adventure game is an homage to the classic fantasy movies of the 1960s and 1970s, and appropriately takes you back to the world of ancient Greece.
A release is set for sometime later this year for Windows PC, via Steam. Featured above, you can view the announcement trailer for the game.
Here’s some screenshots and key art for the game:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
From the creators of Shadowgate comes Argonus and the Gods of Stone, a first-person legendary adventure. Paying homage to the great fantasy films of the ’60s and ’70s, Argonus and the Gods of Stone is set within the world of ancient Greece. You are Argonus, a historian and cartographer, who awakes to find himself lost on strange shores. The Argo, famed ship of hero Jason and his Argonauts, has been pulled onto sharp rocks by a siren’s song and now lies shattered in shallow waters. When you discover the fate of your stalwart companions, you must make a deal with a goddess – Stop the blight that has taken untold lives in return for safe passage home or risk succumbing to the bedevilment that stalks this isle…
- Explore a beautifully-rendered Greek isle and discover a world of gods and monsters.
- Solve intriguing in-world puzzles and unlock ancient mysteries.
- Experience a thrilling mythological story, narrated by Betsy Brantley (Princess Bride, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?).
- Enjoy a dynamic soundtrack by composer Rich Douglas.
- Utilize a streamlined command & inventory system, keeping you immersed in the adventure.
- Unlock 20 Steam achievements.
A Special Edition will be available and will include the following:
- An immersive walk-through audio book, narrated by Betsy Brantley (English ~ 3.5 hrs).
- Argonus and the Gods of Stone Original Soundtrack by composer Rich Douglas.
- The Concept Art of Argonus by illustrator Nabetse Zitro (~ 20 pgs).