This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Goblin Squad- Total Division, a new turn-based strategy game by Event Horizon Studios and 34BigThings.
Goblin Squad is an adventure-driven strategy game inspired by board and miniature games. You lead a band of squabbling goblins on raids against human settlements to acquire resources and recruit more goblins to your cause.
Make use of dirty tricks to overpower more elite and well-equipped human enemies. Upgrade your goblins using the experience you gain with each victory, and butcher any conniving backstabbers to maintain the loyalty of your horde. You can check out a trailer above.
Goblin Squad- Total Division is available on Windows PC via Steam for $9.99.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Take command of your bickering tribe of useless goblins in this adventure-driven strategy game. Travel through the human lands, pillaging villages, recruiting and subduing other tribes to pit against the organized, efficient human armies. Build a lasting legacy on the surface for your little goblins as the ungrateful assholes attempt to overthrow you and ruin everything. Set examples and chop the weakest, feed their remains to the most powerful ones and gain their loyalty.
- Tabletop Experience: move your tribe in turns and end the game before the month runs out, or gain precious time by interfering with the human plans.
- Tactical Combat: encounter unique human armies in every mission. Find a way to outsmart and outmaneuver the overpowering human troops.
- 16 goblin classes, each with unique abilities, ranging from the fat, angry berserkers to the frail and certainly not mad scientists.
- Recruit and field new goblins to level them up and gain more abilities. A few spare executions might help keep morale high.
- A World of Revenge: pillage the human lands in three procedural maps, harvesting resources unique to each terrain.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!