Breaking Walls have revealed their action-adventure animal survival game Away: The Survival Series.
Developed by Breaking Walls, you play as a sugar glider in a world long after humans have gone. Inspired by nature documentaries, you will hear narration in that style as you attempt to keep alive, finding sanctuary and food while avoiding predators and natural disasters.
You can find the full run-down and screenshots below:
Inspired by nature documentaries, AWAY: The Survival Series is a 3rd-person adventure game that takes you on the Sugar Glider’s breathtaking journey into the wild.
As cataclysmic storms bear down on the planet, you must travel across vast environments in search of safer lands. From the mighty treetops to the forest floor, immerse yourself in nature as you explore a vibrant world brimming with life, but beware of the dangers that await on your journey…
- Single-player Sugar Glider gameplay
- Run, jump, climb, and glide through an organic, living world
- Interact with an ecosystem of 20+ other animals
- Nature documentary narration reveals a captivating storyline throughout your journey
- Variety of side-quests to complete off the beaten path
- Hidden relics and artifacts scattered throughout the world
- Skill-based combat with predators and prey
- Wide diversity of environments
- Enchanting orchestral soundtrack by award-winning composer and audio director Mike Raznick
Away: The Survival Series will launch 2020 for PlayStation 4. It is also coming soon to Windows PC (via Steam), however the press kit makes no distinction in different release dates.