Publisher Bethesda Softworks and developer Avalanche Studios have announced Rage 2 has gone gold.
This means the game’s development and code is finalized and ready for distribution.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Dive headfirst into a dystopian world devoid of society, law, and order. Rage 2 brings together two studio powerhouses – Avalanche Studios, masters of open world insanity, and id Software, the gods of the first-person shooter – to deliver a carnival of carnage where you can go anywhere, shoot anything, and explode everything.
- Welcome to the Shooterverse – id Software’s shooter pedigree and Avalanche Studios’ open world prowess is dream-team-made-real for Rage 2. It’s more than a shooter, more than an open world game – it’s a shooterverse.
- The Wasteland Awaits – Seamlessly traverse a vast and varied landscape, from lush jungles and treacherous swamps to sun-scorched deserts in your pursuit of The Authority. The wasteland is massive, and you’ve got the arsenal to fight for every inch.
- Pedal to the Metal – From monster trucks to gyrocopters, use an assortment of rugged and wasteland-ready vehicles to speed across the badlands. If you see it, you can drive it.
- The Last Ranger – Bring the pain using a collection of upgradable weapons, devastating Nanotrite powers, and Overdrive, the ability to push your guns beyond their mechanical limits.
- Factions & Foes – Fight against ferocious factions for control of the wasteland, each featuring a rogue’s gallery of madmen, mutants, and monsters hungry for blood.
Rage 2 is launching for Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on May 14th.