This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Hyper Jam, a top-down multiplayer brawler by Bit Dragon.
Set in a neon-lit sci-fi 1980s, Hyper Jam puts you against three of your friends in both online and local multiplayer battles. Kill each other with rocket launchers, katanas, and other weapons. Between rounds, players will get a chance to draft perks that persist until the end of the game. You can check out the trailer above.
Hyper Jam is available on Windows PC (via Steam), PS4, and Xbox One for $12.99, and it supports cross-play between platforms.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Hyper Jam is a neon-soaked arena brawler with a dynamic perk drafting system that makes each match different from the last.
The hard-hitting fusion of lethal weapons, stackable perks, furious combat, and a killer synthwave soundtrack makes Hyper Jam a multiplayer experience that’ll keep you coming back for more.
- Furious Combat – Hyper Jam features fast-paced multiplayer arena gameplay for 2-4 players. Annihilate your opponents round after round using katanas, rocket launchers, sledgehammers, and more.
- Perk Drafting – After every round, players choose new perks that stay with them for the rest of the game, stacking and combining with their existing ones to create more powerful effects. A wide pool of distinctive perks ensures no two games are ever the same.
- Local and Online Multiplayer – Grab some controllers and take on your friends at home, or test your skills against the rest of the world in public or private online matches. Cross-platform matchmaking means there are even more challengers for you to face!
- ’80s Aesthetic – Play as a strong selection of ’80s-inspired characters on a variety of beautiful and dangerous arenas, ranging from a sundrenched Miami hotel rooftop to a gritty Neo-Tokyo subway.
- Killer Synthwave Soundtrack – An addictive soundtrack featuring Carpenter Brut, Dance With The Dead, Meteor and more will keep hearts racing as you blow each other to bits.
- AI Bots – Hone your skills against AI bots before taking the fight online. Customize bot difficulty, game rules and more to create your own challenge.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!