Ctrl Alt Ninja, the creators of Legend of Grimrock, have announced that their upcoming tactical CRPG, Druidstone: The Secrets of the Menhir Forest, is now available for preorder. The game will launch on May 15th for Windows PC via Steam.
Players can preorder the game on the developer’s official website for $24.99. As a special “thank you” for preordering through the official website, players will get a 10% discount and a free copy of the digital artbook, which will get a general release two weeks after launch for $4.99. The preorder comes with a Steam key and a DRM-free copy that can be downloaded from the main website. You can check out a new trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
The druids of the Menhir Forest are troubled. Not only has the Archdruid disappeared, a darkness in the form of purple cysts has fallen upon the forest. It is up to Aava, the daughter of the Archdruid and her new-found companions Leonhard, a mysterious man with no past, and Oiko the mage, a dropout from the guild of Red Priests, to rescue the Archdruid and find out the truth behind the sinister events. As if this wasn’t enough, a murderous maniac impersonating Leonhard is at loose in the forest….
Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest is a labor of love from the makers of the critically acclaimed Legend of Grimrock series. Druidstone is a tactical, single-player, turn-based roleplaying game, which combines the best qualities of modern RPGs with the elegance of tactical board games. Every action, every turn counts as you control your party of heroes through handcrafted, challenging missions with varying objectives.
Druidstone is set in a unique fantasy world, Elo Sphaera, filled with ancient, lush forests, standing stones, snow-topped mountains, deadly creatures and puzzle-ridden ruins. The epic story about love and death is centered around the main characters Leonhard, Aava and Oiko, who will along the way meet up with unexpected companions and villains, each with their unique personalities and abilities.
Get ready to venture forth and uncover the secrets of the Menhir Forest!
- A tactical turn- and tile-based battle system where every action, every turn counts.
- Upgrade the abilities of your heroes as you see fit using power gems obtained by completing missions and discovering hidden treasures.
- Challenging, hand-crafted missions with playtimes ranging from 15 minutes to 45 minutes.
- Solve devious non-combat puzzle levels to obtain rare equipment.
- A gripping, fantastic story of love and death centered around the main characters Leonhard, Aava and Oiko.
- A unique fantasy setting combining elements from western RPGs, JRPGs and tactical board games in unexpected ways.
- Play custom missions created by others or make your own campaigns with the upcoming Druidstone Level Editor available as a post release update.