Muse Games (Guns of Icarus Online) have announced their next project, Embr.
Embr will enter Early Access in 2019 on Windows PC (via Steam), and will fully release in 2020 on the same platform.
The official website describes the game as “a frantic fire-fighting (un)Simulator set in a hyper-capitalist, deregulated alt-present where public firefighting funding has run dry, where venture capitalism and e-hailing rule the roost. The Embr Respondr is the last stand in a world ablaze.” In other words, much like the real life ride-sharing Uber service, players control peer-to-peer amateur fire-fighters.
The game supports online co-op multiplayer for up to four players, supporting player-hosted servers. Embr is currently planned to be in Early Access for nine to twelve months before its full release.
The final release will also have two additional game mode (Escape and Hose Confrontation), along with a campaign with boss battles and a driving mini-game. At its Early Access launch, the “core game loop” and co-op multiplayer will be implemented, along with arcade mode Rescue missions in single player and co-op play.
You can find the full run-down below:
Become an Embr Respondr™ today! Grab your hose, axe, or trampoline. Manage the flames, electrocutions, explosions, and more. Save your clients (at times) and get paid!
- An Emergency Services Revolution! – Join the Early Access community and help shape the future of Embr as a valued partner*
- You Call The Shots – Break down doors, fix electrical circuits, clear gas leaks, do whatever it takes to get through the burning building. Remember, Embr Respondrs, if you die you don’t get paid!
- Fly Solo Or Call The Cavalry – Solo or Online Co-Op: As a Respondr™ you can answer the call alone or with up to 4 friends to save your clients, their portraits, and loose change around the house.
- Climb the Ladder of Success – Use the cash you make or take to lease better equipment and vehicles from Embr. Tackle the biggest jobs for the biggest payouts!
- Make A Difference – Save lives and treasured possessions to get that high review score. Be somebody’s hero today!
(*in name only, no actual business partnership is implied by this statement)