Publisher Devolver Digital and developer Sabotage Studio have announced a PS4 port for The Messenger.
The throwback action platformer / time-traveling adventure game is coming to the Sony console on March 19th. A free expansion, “Picnic Panic,” is coming to all platforms sometime this summer.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
As a demon army besieges his village, a young ninja ventures through a cursed world, to deliver a scroll paramount to his clan’s survival. What begins as a classic action platformer soon unravels into an expansive time-traveling adventure full of thrills, surprises, and humor.
- Dynamic, acrobatic gameplay and ultra tight controls worthy of an epic ninja adventure.
- Character upgrades, new abilities, hidden levels, and branching paths to discover.
- Meticulously designed 8-bit and 16-bit sprites, animations, and backgrounds in the spirit of the classics.
- A memorable cast of offbeat villains, bosses, and associates.
- Original soundtrack by renowned chiptune composer Rainbowdragoneyes, handmade using Famitracker.
The Messenger has been available for Nintendo Switch and Windows PC (via Steam).