Eastasiasoft has announced a limited physical release for Dolores Entertainment’s GhoulBoy.
The limited physical edition is planned for PlayStation 4 or PS Vita. Only getting 1,000 copies made, and it will set you back $34.99. The limited physical edition includes:
- A physical copy of the game (region free)
- A full-color printed manual
- An original soundtrack CD
- An individually numbered collector’s certificate
- A collector’s box (with a beautifully embossed logo)
Pre-orders are kicking off on February 14th, and shipments are expected to go out in March. Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
GhoulBoy is a retro-inspired action platformer that combines the action RPG genre with hack ‘n’ slash gameplay. Slay monsters, collect loot, avoid dangerous traps and defeat menacing bosses. GhoulBoy brings back the look and feel of the very best classic retro platformers from the 90’s, introducing refreshed and engaging gameplay mechanics. If you miss platformers from the 16-bit era, GhoulBoy is for you.
- Explore a magical realm of dungeons, towns, treasures and devious monsters.
- Find powerful weapons, items and spells to defeat your enemies.
- Slay monsters and defeat challenging bosses.
- Enjoy 16-bit style graphics and chiptune retro music.
GhoulBoy is launching digitally for Switch on February 14th. A digital release for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita is planned, but haven’t been dated yet.