Electronic Arts and Respawn Entertainment have announced Apex Legends, a spinoff battle royale shooter set within the Titanfall universe.
The new battle royale shooter is now available for free on Windows PC (via Origin), for PlayStation 4 (via the PlayStation Store), and for Xbox One (via the Xbox Games Store). Featured above, you can view the launch trailer for the game.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Conquer with character in Apex Legends, a free-to-play* Battle Royale shooter where legendary characters with powerful abilities team up to battle for fame and fortune on the fringes of the Frontier. Master an ever-growing roster of diverse legends, deep tactical squad play, and bold new innovations that level-up the Battle Royale experience—all within a rugged world where anything goes. Welcome to the next evolution of Battle Royale.
- A Roster of Legendary Characters – Master a growing roster of powerful Legends, each with their own unique personality, strengths, and abilities that are easy to pick up, but challenging to truly master
- Build Your Crew – Choose your Legend and combine their unique skills together with other players to form the ultimate crew.
- Strategic Battle Royale – Use your abilities–and your wits–to make strategic calls on the fly, adapting your crew’s strengths to meet new challenges as the match evolves.
- Genre-Evolving Innovation – Experience a brand-new array of innovative features that level-up the Battle Royale genre, including Respawn Beacons, Smart Comms, Intelligent Inventory, and an all-new way to drop into the action with Jumpmaster deployment.
- Sweet, Sweet Loot – Drop in and loot up with a host of powerful weapons, diverse attachments, and useful armor to protect you in battle. After the battle, collect a wealth of cosmetic options for personalizing your character and weapons, and unlock new ways to show off during the match.