Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios have unveiled quite a bit of details and media for Mortal Kombat 11.
Most of the new content is now available in trailer format. First, the official gameplay trailer which you can find above.
Along with Scorpion and Raiden, we now see Baraka, Scarlet, Liu Kang, Sub-Zero, and Sonya Blade. They are also joined by new characters Kronika (the bald lady)- who acts as the major antagonist this time around, and her servant Geras (the black guy).
The tail-end of this and other trailers, and that pre-orders get you beta access. The beta begins March 28 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The next trailer shows off a little more of Sonya, and her voice actress this time around will be Ronda Rousey (UFC champion, Olympic medalist and WWE superstar).
The Story Prologue trailer reveals the events of Mortal Kombat X have changed Raiden for the worse. He has “upset the balance”, causing Kronika “The Keeper of Time” to step in.
Kronika’s servant and new character Geras also gets a trailer. While his powers officially are to manipulate time, we can see plenty of sand being used as well.
The last trailer to finish off also finishes off a lot of fighters- the Fatalities trailer. Suffice to say, viewer discretion is advised due to the violent nature of the video.
The game’s “Kollector’s Edition” was also revealed. It contains the premium edition of the game, Kombat Pack, a 1:1 Scorpion mask bust, exclusive steel case with commemorative magnet coin, authenticity plate, and Kollector’s Box. You can find it pictured below, but not all of the above items are shown.
You can find a full run-down after the break.
Mortal Kombat 11 is the latest installment in the critically acclaimed franchise, providing a deeper and more personalized experience than ever before with an all new Custom Character Variation System that gives players the creative control to customize versions of the entire character roster. Developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, Mortal Kombat 11 will introduce a new cinematic story continuing the epic saga that is more than 25 years in the making.
- All-New Custom Character Variation System: Offers nearly infinite customization options, giving players more control and providing a deeper and more personalized experience than ever before. Players can customize their fighters with a variety of Skins, Gear, Special Abilities, Intro and Victory Cinemas, Taunts and Brutalities that can be earned via gameplay.
- All-New Story Mode: Continue the epic saga through a new cinematic story that is more than 25 years in the making. Players will take on the role of a variety of past and present characters in a time-bending new narrative that pits Raiden against Kronika, the Keeper of Time who created existence at the dawn of history.
- New & Returning Fan-Favorite Characters: Choose from a roster of fighters with unique abilities and Fatalities, with new characters, such as Geras, a powerful and loyal servant of Kronika who can manipulate time, along with fan-favorite characters, including, Baraka, Raiden, Skarlet, Scorpion, Sonya Blade and Sub-Zero and more.
- More Modes, Challenges & Rewards: Packed to the brim with multiple modes, including the Towers of Time, which builds upon NetherRealms’s past games, allowing players to test their skills through various challenges, providing more ways than ever to continue the Mortal Kombat 11 experience.
- All-New Krushing Blows & Iconic Fatalities: Showcasing brutal battles like never before with enhanced graphics and animations.
- Pre-Order for Exclusive Content & Beta Access: Pre-order Mortal Kombat 11 on PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One or Xbox One X to receive access to the beta, available March 28, 2019. Pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character, Shao Kahn.
Mortal Kombat 11 is coming to Windows PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One worldwide on April 23rd.