Over four years since its reveal and two years since its closed beta launch, space-simulator capital ship action game Dreadnought has finally hit full release.
Developed by Yager, Six Foot, and Grey Box, the game has now entered full release for Windows PC (via Steam). Anyone who participated in the beta outside of Steam will be able to link their account to transfer all progress and purchases. The game has also been available for PlayStation 4.
The Steam release coincides with the big launch update, which reworked the visual, streamlined the UI, added language support for Russian and simplified Chinese, and introduced a few new starter packs you can buy to kickstart your career as a starship captain. You can check out the latest gameplay trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Dreadnought is about one thing: team-based, capital ship combat. It’s a free-to-play shooter that puts you at the center of battles in space and above the surfaces of colonies across the solar system.
But it’s not just you and your guns against the world. You have your teammates—outlaw captains like yourself—and a range of ballistic weaponry, Goliath nuclear torpedoes, and long-range Tesla cannons to fill out your earth-shaking arsenal.
Combat in Dreadnought takes place at a deliberate pace, giving you just enough time to react to an ever-changing battlefield. During each match, you’ll be able to respawn as a different vessel and switch up your strategy—all while the opposing team does the same.
Winning isn’t just about cannons, missiles, and torpedoes. Each vessel is equipped with an energy management system that gives your crew the ability to activate shields, boost engine power, and amplify weapon damage. Using this energy wisely is key to coming out on top.
Every battle gives you Credits and XP, which you can spend to unlock a range of ships, weapons, and modules. Fly ships from 3 manufacturers – The tough and rugged Jupiter Arms, the solid and bulky Akula Vektor, and the sleek and ethereal Oberon.
- Fight in 8v8 matches – Unleash your guns alongside friends—or complete strangers.
- Command your own capital ships – Over 70 vessels across 5 specialized classes.
- Outwit opponents – Maneuver your ship up, down, and across vast battlefields.
- Adapt and conquer – Respawn in different ships and loadouts during matches.
- Create the perfect loadout – Equip weapons, modules, and more. Choose from thousands of combinations.
- Customize your ships – Look more colorful in victory—and defeat.
- Personalize your captain – Suit up in a wide range of unique outlaw apparel.
- Mix up the battlefield – Play classic game modes like Team Deathmatch, Onslaught, and Conquest.
- Advance your rank – Gain experience to unlock more advanced ships and modules.