Today’s Nintendo Direct revealed further details on how the paid online service for the Nintendo Switch would work.
The service promises to offer five features.
- To play online with others.
- Access to a “growing” library of NES games, and online multiplayer for certain titles,
- Save Data Cloud
- An accompanying smartphone app is still required to voice chat with friends.
- Special Offers. The nature of these special offers are not detailed at this stage.
The monthly cost for the service breaks down like so:
- $3.99 for one 1 month.
- $7.99 for 3 months.
- $19.99 for 12 months.
- $34.99 for Two or more accounts on the same Switch for 12 months.
A “Family Membership” can currently hold up to a maximum of seven accounts.
The Nintendo Switch Online service goes live September 18th.