Hound Picked Games, the parent company of indie PR and consultancy firm PR Hound, has announced that it has picked up the publishing rights for four upcoming indie games.
The company and its subsidiaries provide publishing deals, financial aid, PR, marketing, and Kickstarter management to indie games looking to get a boost in this increasingly crowded market.
Here’s a rundown on all four games:
Battle Princess Madelyn by Casual Bit Games (Xbox One, PS4, Switch, Wii U, Windows PC)
Battle Princess Madelyn is a game that follows the journey of a young knight in training, Madelyn, and her ghostly pet dog, Fritzy. They set out on a journey to save her kingdom and her family from the clutches of an evil wizard.
Set in the vein of classic Ghouls N’ Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon’s Trap, the instantly classic and familiar gameplay will transport old-school gamers back to their heyday, and the self-adjusting difficulty will allow for even the most novice of gamer to pick up and play!
Join Madelyn as she battles through graveyards, swamps, castles, the countryside and more! Polished gameplay, breath taking visuals, jaw-dropping dual soundtracks and epic adventures await
- A mix of fast paced classic arcade action with the adventure elements of classic console games from the golden age of console gaming.
- Amazingly detailed hand drawn pixel art brought to life by the magical lighting of the Unity Engine.
- Battle Princess Madelyn can be played through quickly as an arcade game, or for the full experience stop at towns to help the locals! How you play to complete the story depends on your personal choice!
- Find all of the collectibles hidden throughout the stages for extra rewards, and additional hidden stages!
- 10 levels, each of which include up to 5 stages – including 1 or 2 branching hidden stages!
- Fully re-playable stages at any point – if you’ve unlocked it, you can play it as much as you want!
- Combo meters for destroying and juggling enemies!
- 10 types of weapons which change with the 3 sets of armor found in game!
- Up to 10 unique enemies per level!
- Your ghostly dog companion, Fritzy, gains powers as you progress through the game allowing you to unlock puzzles and otherwise inaccessible areas of stages!
- Special weapons for special occasions! If an area calls for a unique ability, search the area for the needed item!
- An original story written by a professional children’s author.
- A story that spans the globe and time! A story told by her grandfather while she is sick, Madelyn will experience life as her magical portal traveling counter part and will save her family no matter where they are in the world.
Nairi: Tower of Shirin by HomeBearStudio (Switch, Windows PC)
Follow Nairi, a troubled upper class girl, and Rex, a gangster-turned-scholar, as they uncover a dark mystery involving the mysterious Tower of Shirin! In a world brimming with delightful, deadly, and dastardly creatures Nairi will need all her wits to outsmart bandit cats, befriend crime lord ducks, and escape a conspiracy as old as time.
NAIRI: Tower of Shirin is a charming graphic adventure with adorable characters within a troubled world that is sure to delight people of all ages looking for a strong narrative and puzzle experience!
- Enjoy a huge amount of ridiculously cute hand-drawn art!
- Meet tons of charming characters!
- Become absorbed in a captivating story!
- Collect, trade and combine wacky items!
- Solve brain-teasing puzzles!
- Enjoy a beautiful soundtrack!
Devader: Invasion of the Krin by Falkenbrew (Windows PC)
Play this original arcade game and fight wave after wave of cruel, challenging and ever changing enemies. Wield powerful weapons as you strategize to find the best method to defeat the invaders while protecting the core. With many upgrade paths to choose from, various endings and secrets to unlock, Devader offers a wealth of possibilities and hours of game play.
- Intense twin-stick action combined with strategic weapons
- Over 50 waves filled with complex enemies and old-school bosses
- Many powerful, strategic weapons to choose from
- Specially tailored upgrade paths enabling different play-styles
- Various endings and secrets to unlock
- Online leader board to challenge your friends
- 5 difficulty ratings, from beginner to insane god mode
- Adaptive environment
- Play with mouse & keyboard, keyboard & gamepad
- Local cooperative multiplayer with up to 4 gamepads
HyperParasite by Troglobites Games (Xbox One, Switch, PS4, Windows PC)
It’s the 80’s all over again. Only this time, the human race has more than an obnoxious pop culture to contend with.
With World War III nearing its demise, Earth only just begins to catch its breath when it is threatened by yet another menace. Unlike the preposterous mullets of its inhabitants however, this one’s invisible – a parasitic organism capable of making hosts of unsuspecting human beings, consuming what’s left of their souls and wreaking unfathomable havoc.
And it’s spreading. With a vengeance. Martial laws have been declared to make way for a global hunt, battle-hardened law enforcers have made allies of the most degenerate of criminals, while the rest of the world is paralysed with paranoia; yet who can be trusted? Who can see it, let alone destroy it? That’s for them to worry about. For you are the enemy.
You are the organism with a mission. You are… HyperParasite.
Snatch. Zap. Repeat.
- Relentless top-down, shoot ‘em up action!
Being able to snatch the bodies of nearly every weapon-wielding homosapien you encounter ensures bullet hell almost never ceases.
- Intelligent zapping!
A happy trigger-finger alone won’t suffice; multiple character classes, host-specific abilities and a skill-based progression system means you’ll be working to one-up the human race even without bullets.
- Extreme level re-playability
Procedurally generated levels, multiple game-play objectives, grueling waves of enemies and deranged bosses, all while the possibility of perma-death looms; prepare to die. A lot.
…perpetuated by a unique 3D-pixelated art style, absurdly bright neons, obnoxious styling and robotic synthesizer sounds. It’s the roaring 80’s alright, with a dash of dystopia.