Publisher Playism and developer Nigoro have announced console ports for La-Mulana 2.
The archaeology-themed metroidvania game will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch sometime next spring – news confirmed at the [email protected] Pre-PAX West 2018 Open House. It’s worth pointing out the Xbox One version is playable at the event.
In case you missed it, you can find my thorough review for La-Mulana 2 here (I absolutely love it and highly recommend it!).
Here’s a rundown on the game:
La-Mulana was known as a “Metroidvania” style game (a 2D action platformer with an emphasis on non-linear exploration). That said, the real core of the game is in deciphering the riddles scattered about the game, and solving the puzzles that exist as part of the ruins.
- Become an adventurer and explore sprawling ancient ruins
- Gather hints to solve the various mysteries of your adventure
- Dive into the action as you fight off tough enemies seeking to stop your progress
- A detailed and beautifully dot-rendered world
- Seven main weapons and over ten sub-weapons
- Over 60 items of various types to help you explore the ruins
- Over 20 apps to install on your trusty adventurer’s tablet, the “Mobile Super X 3”
- Includes reference book with over 200 monsters and other characters in the game