Switch, which launched worldwide on March 3, 2017, sold 14.86 million units as of December 31,
Nintendo has announced the Nintendo Switch has sold over 14.86 million units as of December 31st of last year. This means the Switch has outsold the Wii U’s lifetime sales in merely ten months, as its predecessors sold roughly 14 million units in the span of five years.
Nintendo also detailed software sales, noting total software sales on the Switch have topped 52.57 million units. Here’s a breakdown of the highest-selling games for the Switch:
- Super Mario Odyssey – 9.07mm units
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 7.33mm units
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 6.70mm units
- Splatoon 2 – 4.91mm units
- 1-2-Switch – 1.88mm units
- Arms – 1.61mm units
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – 1.06mm units
The Nintendo Switch is now available worldwide, for $299.