Team17 and developer Pathea Games have launched My Time at Portia via Steam Early Access.
The 3D sandbox RPG includes the following features in its current build:
- Crafting: From machines, to furniture, to clothing – gather materials to craft a range of items, and prove your building skills by taking on commissions from the town’s Commerce Guild.
- Farming, fishing and cooking: Expand your workshop and cultivate your crops, or land that big catch and cook up a tasty meal.
- Relationships: Make new friends and fall in love. Maintain your relationships to avoid jealousy and break-ups.
- Explore the Land of Portia: Explore all the locations throughout Portia. Will you wander the desert or seek out the Highlands?
- Character Customization: Create your builder. Choose from a variety of faces, hairstyles, and features.
- Battle: Explore abandoned ruins and dungeons, and build your skills to take on even the meanest of foes.
There will be lots of content added via updates in the future, including:
- New story missions, including the Marriage Life storyline!
- New locations, including ruins, dungeons, and shops!
- New items – including projectile weapons
- New buildings
- New features – keep, raise and ride animals, photo mode and birthday parties!
- New mini games and pub games!
- New seasonal events!
My Time at Portia is planned for a full launch sometime this year, across PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and the Nintendo Switch.