GalaxyTrail has shared a new gameplay video for Freedom Planet 2, their Sonic the Hedgehog-inspired action-platformer.
Featured above, the new gameplay preview clocks in at just over four minutes – it shows off more of the pixelated game and all of its playable characters.
The game’s free demo has been updated to version 1.0.6, adding some important new features like:
- Lilac has a new Blink Dash ability that allows her to teleport across short distances; She can use it after guarding to either counterattack her foes or flee to safety.
- Carol has also learned some new tricks in the form of long-range kicking attacks.
- Neera can lay down Spike Traps to catch enemies, block projectiles, and spring herself high into the air.
- Tons of bug fixes, graphical and performance improvements, and more!
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Join the heroes of Avalice as they face their greatest challenge yet! An ancient terror has emerged from the depths of the ocean. Merga, a water dragon from Avalice’s oldest and deadliest war, has been freed from her crystal prison as a consequence of the Kingdom Stone’s destruction. War is imminent once again, but this time, the heroes are split between sides. As friendships are tested, will the girls stand united when Bakunawa rises?
- Four playable characters available from the start, each with her own unique fighting style: Lilac the Dragon Girl (Speed Type), Carol the Wildcat (Brawler Type), Milla the Hound (Explorer Type), and Neera the Frost Knight (Power Type).
- Explore the world of Avalice in Adventure mode. Travel through a sprawling world map filled with treasures, landmarks, and over 100 unique animal NPCs to interact with and catalog.
- Dive straight into the action with Classic Mode. A streamlined navigation screen gives you quick access to stages and other important features without the need for travelling.
- Test your fighting skills in the Battlesphere arena. Once reached, the Battlesphere hosts a variety of challenges featuring enemies and bosses you’ve previously encountered, along with brand new surprises!
- Parry enemy attacks with the new Guard button. If timing’s not your thing, an Auto Guard item exists in the game that makes your character automatically guard against attacks if possible.
- A new Revival system gives you a chance to clinch victory during very close battles. Use it wisely – it costs a stock and one more hit will knock you out again!
- Power up your heroine with customizable potions. Collect and mix a rainbow of ingredients that boost her vitality in different ways, such as increasing her stock count, shield durability, attack power, speed, and more.
- Change the rules with a multitude of equippable items. Amulets and Charms provide helpful effects, while Brave Stones make combat harder in exchange for bonus crystals.
Freedom Planet 2 is being developed for PC, Mac, Linux, and “Nintendo systems.” A release date is still unconfirmed.