Doragon Entertainment has announced a slight delay for the Switch port of their bullet-hell shoot ’em up, Danmaku Unlimited 3.
The Ikaruga and Dodonpachi inspired game will forgo its planned 2017 release for sometime a bit later – in early 2018. Featured above, you can view a trailer for the game’s PC version.
Doragon founder Sunny Tam noted the game is launching for the hybrid console “within the first couple months of 2018.”
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Inspired by legendary classics like Ikaruga, Dodonpachi and Touhou, Danmaku Unlimited 3 is a lovingly crafted medley of the best aspects of Japanese bullet hell games, but with an innovative twist that makes it an accessible package perfectly suited as a gateway into the world of Bullet Hell. Initially available on PC/Steam, the series is now for the first time ever heading to console on the Nintendo Switch!
- Lovingly crafted high octane old-school arcade action in modern 60FPS HD graphics.
- Medley of the best aspects of classic Japanese Bullet Hell shooters with its own innovative twist.
- Epic campaign across 2 unique game modes each with their own mechanics and scoring.
- NEW Ultra-wide mode offers a fresh expansive game-play experience from previous versions.
- Tons of weapon customization and extra unlocks.
- Brand new SPIRIT/GRAZE system gives beginners an exciting and stylish experience while rewarding skillful high risk plays that genre veterans are capable of.
- Rocking soundtrack by the talented indie circle Blankfield from Tokyo.
- TATE mode for the ultimate recreation of the arcade machine experience.