Ubisoft has announced both a Season Pass and free post-launch downloadable content for Assassin’s Creed: Origins.
There will be a pretty large amount of post-launch downloadable content for the game that will let players further explore Ancient Egypt, providing several hours of new quests, timed events, as well as more customization items, story expansions, and more. Featured above, you can view a trailer for the new content.
The games Season Pass includes:
- DLC 1 – The Hidden Ones: This story-driven expansion builds upon the growth of the Brotherhood, taking players years after the events of Assassin’s Creed: Origins as they clash with an occupying Roman force in a new region. This expansion will extend the level cap, allowing players to keep on making their character progress. Available in January, 2018.
- DLC 2 – The Curse of the Pharaohs: In this story-driven expansion focusing on Egyptian mythology, players will fight against undead pharaohs and explore a new, mystical realm. During their journey, players will encounter famed Egyptian beasts such as Anubis warriors, scorpios and more, as they investigate the cause of the curse that has brought the dead pharaohs back to life. The Curse of the Pharaohs will increase the level cap further and introduce brand new Abilities. Available in March, 2018.
- The Roman Centurion and Horus Packs: Two exclusive add-on packs including a new outfit, weapons, shield and mount. Available in November, 2017.
- A package of 500 Helix Credits, Available at the launch of the game.
- An exclusive rare weapon, the Calamity Blade. Available at the launch of the game.
The season pass comes with the Gold Edition of Assassin’s Creed: Origins, as well as a separate $39.99 purchase.
There will be a bunch of free content as well, including:
- The Trials of the Gods: Epic boss battles against Egyptian gods that take place during special timed events, victorious players will receive prestigious rewards. The first Trial of the Gods event will be available 15 days after the launch of the game.
- The Nomad’s Bazaar: A wandering merchant gives players daily quests to complete in order to earn mysterious exotic rewards. Available at the launch of the game.
- Photo Mode: Players will be able to capture and share the beauty of the Egyptian landscape and indulge their inner wildlife photographer while discovering in-game pictures taken by other players. Available at the launch of the game.
- Horde Mode: Players will fight endless waves of enemies in the Gladiator Arena. They will be able to compare their scores with their friends and challenge them asynchronously. Available in early 2018.
- Discovery Tour: This new educational mode turns the world of Assassin’s Creed: Origins into a combat-free living museum and will give everyone the opportunity to learn more about Ancient Egypt through guided tours curated by historians and Egyptologists. Available early 2018.
Assassin’s Creed: Origins launches across PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on October 27th. In case you missed it, you can find my exclusive hands-on video preview demo for the game from this year’s E3 here.