Atlus has made it clear they don’t want player spoiling major story moments from Persona 5, as they’ve disabled the PlayStation 4’s built-in gameplay sharing and screenshot features. Now, they’ve detailed how much they’re allowing players to stream the game.
The developer shared a new blog post where they detailed the official restrictions on what you can and cannot stream from the game:
- You can post however many additional videos you’d like, but please limit each to be at most 90 minutes long.
- No major story spoilers, and I’ll leave that up to your good judgment. If you need some guidelines, avoid showing/spoiling the ending segments of the first three palaces. While you can show initial interactions with Yusuke, avoid his awakening scene, and that whole deal about THE painting. Also, don’t post anything about a certain student investigator.
- I know I mentioned not showing the end of each palace, but you can grab footage from the Kamoshida boss fight. However, don’t capture video from the other major boss fights.
- Must not focus solely on cutscenes/animated scenes, should prominently feature dungeon crawling/spending time in Tokyo.
- You can post straight gameplay or have commentary.
Atlus also specified that users should avoid discussing the game in “broad strokes,” providing good and bad examples of critiquing the game:
- Good example: The game deals with dark themes right off the bat, with a lecherous teacher and other corrupted individuals.
- Bad example: Players immediately run into trouble with the pervy teacher *spoiler*, whose actions go so far as to cause *spoiler*
Finally, anything streamed beyond the 7/7 date in the game is entirely prohibited to avoid major story spoilers.
Persona 5 is now available for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.
Expect our review for the game soon, and make sure to follow our own video streaming for the game via our “Month of Persona” feature, where we’ll upload daily, lengthy videos of us playing Persona 5. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for when each video drops!