Launch Trailer for NieR: Automata

Square Enix has launched NieR: Automata in North America, with a European launch coming on March 10th and the PC release set for March 17th.

To celebrate the release of Taro Yoko and Platinum Games’ latest opus, the publisher has shared a launch trailer for the game, which you can view above.

Square also shared two free PlayStation 4 themes on the U.S. PlayStation Store. which you can find here and here.

Expect our thorough written and video review for NieR: Automata in the coming days.

1. mega jew
    mega jew
    March 7, 2017 at 12:29 pm

Muh dick

2. ProxyDoug
    ProxyDoug
    March 7, 2017 at 1:16 pm

What a game

March 7, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Wonder if the snow and 80 MPH winds and closed highways will delay my copy…

4. Donwel
    Donwel
    March 7, 2017 at 2:16 pm

The only reason I’ll buy this is to spend hours staring at 2Bs ass.
    I guess I might play it eventually.

5. BaronKrause
    BaronKrause
    March 7, 2017 at 2:22 pm

English dub for this didn’t sound bad at all.

6. Ruggarell
    Ruggarell
    March 7, 2017 at 3:21 pm

PS4 wins again

7. Migi
    Migi
    March 8, 2017 at 12:02 am

All english dub lacks emotion, which makes them feel out of place with japanese games or anime series.

8. BaronKrause
    BaronKrause
    March 8, 2017 at 2:20 am

Figured it was going to be one of those “all English dubs suck” nonsense responses.

9. Shattno
    Shattno
    March 8, 2017 at 8:13 am

Not all English dubs suck, there are two or three that’s OK (princess mononoke comes to mind) but mostly it’s cringe.

10. BaronKrause
    BaronKrause
    March 8, 2017 at 8:25 am

Isn’t that just because we have no idea what their saying in Japanese? People tend to give the original Japanese the benefit of the doubt as they things generally sound less cringy in text then spoken.

I can’t even count the amount of Japanese songs that I thought sounded cool, then I saw the lyrics and realized it’s the dumbest shit ever.

11. Shattno
    Shattno
    March 8, 2017 at 8:58 am

I’m not a native English speaker. Growing up, English and Japanese was equally foreign to me, so I’ve never thought about it that way. I’m not nearly as good at Japanese as I am at English (especially writing /reading) but I still prefer Japanese if there’s a choice. I think translations in general suck, as you don’t get the original authors work, instead you get something filtered through an other person, which adds a layer of subjective thoughts and feelings.

12. BaronKrause
    BaronKrause
    March 8, 2017 at 9:34 am

That’s true especially for games and origonal Anime series as that’s usually the original form for that story.
    I find its less so for anime that is based off a manga/LN as most of the time it is already some third parties interpretation on who should voice the original author’s work, and many times its heavily influenced by who is popular at the time as opposed to that voice really being the vision for the character (and honestly, i’m sure many game character voices are picked the same way). For me unless it was the author’s original goal to have that person voice the character when he was writing it then the anime studio’s opinion on that matter doesn’t really carry any weight.

13. Migi
    Migi
    March 8, 2017 at 10:15 am

WHY? did it trigger you.

14. BaronKrause
    BaronKrause
    March 8, 2017 at 10:29 am

Your a little late buddy, no ones even talking to you anymore.

15. Migi
    Migi
    March 8, 2017 at 11:23 am

I wasen’t the one who gave a fuck, you did. when your Replied.

16. Shattno
    Shattno
    March 8, 2017 at 11:27 am

That’s actually an interesting point of view, I haven’t thought of that. I guess I see the anime adaptation as its own work, a derivative work with it’s own artistic vision, but a translation is supposed to keep it as close to the original as possible.
    It’s true as you say that voices are often chosen based on the popularity of the seiyuu, and part of that is because a lot of anime fans watch because of who is voicing and not because of the story. It’s a shame really.