Double Fine Productions and independent developer Glumberland have announced a PC and console release for Ooblets.
The self-described “Harvest Moon meets Pokémon meets Animal Crossing” game will launch for PC and Xbox One sometime in 2018.
Featured above, you can view a new trailer for the upcoming hybrid game.
Here’s a rundown on the game, via Glumberland:
Ooblets is a currently-in-development creature collection and farming game. It’s sort of like Harvest Moon meets Pokémon meets Animal Crossing meets the weird awkward people we are.
Plant, water, and harvest crops, manage and expand your farm, collect all sorts of junk, make friends, and also make littler friends (ooblets).
Use the crops you grow to befriend, upgrade, and heal ooblets. Buy a little shop and sell your excess crops and junk to the townspeople.
Explore regions like the Mamoonia desert, the spooky Nullwhere, bustling Hubton, and more! Discover loads of ooblets and battle other trainers all over the place.
- Live a simple life working the land (and battling magical creatures).
- You get a little house you can decorate and expand.
- Play at your own pace. Leave the stresses of city living behind you.
- Take part in a bustling little town full of characters.
- Open world exploring.
- Visit a variety of regions (one will be under water I think!).
- Automate production with things like sprinklers.
- Run a shop!
- Upgrade your dudes because I guess they’re not good enough for you.
- Maybe you will get to name your dudes too?
- Join an Ooblet club. Feel wanted and appreciated. Distrust other clubs’ members.