Square Enix Teases PC Release, PC-Exclusive Features for Final Fantasy XV

The latest Famitsu (via Hachima) had an interview with Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata, where he talked up the game’s reception post-launch.

The most interesting tidbit from the interview is where the Square Enix boss teased a potential PC version for the game. Let the salt flow:

“I want to release the game on PC, from a technical perspective,” Tabata said. “I want to show off Final Fantasy XV running on high-end PC hardware, for PC users, and it’s something we personally want to see as well.

“I also want to try developing more on PC to look into making PC-exclusive features, like building your own questlines and even modding the game world.”

In related news, Tabata recently confirmed the game not only sold very well, it even recouped its development costs on day one.

Final Fantasy XV is available now on PS4 and Xbox One. In case you missed it, you should check out our written and video review for the game here.

1. Heresy Hammer
    Heresy Hammer
    February 11, 2017 at 5:25 pm

Inb4 all the butthurt comments.

Having more people being able to play your game is a good thing.

2. Gale
    Gale
    February 11, 2017 at 5:28 pm

As long as those ‘PC Exclusive features’ are just modding, I don’t see any problem.

Now, when it goes past that to shit that could be on the console version but isn’t, I foresee a shitstorm blowin’ in, boys.

3. SunsetHaste
    SunsetHaste
    February 11, 2017 at 5:28 pm

I’d love to play it.

Will probably get a PS4 to remote play on my Vita (that the only reason, that will probably change after I actually buy it though), but being able to play it sooner on PC is always a welcome thing.

4. catazxy
    catazxy
    February 11, 2017 at 5:30 pm

But how else would they justify buying that plastic box?

5. Juan Manuel M. Suárez
    Juan Manuel M. Suárez
    February 11, 2017 at 5:37 pm

Funny thing is that PS4 people kinda ignore the fact the game isn’t even exclusive since it’s on XBOX One too~.

6. Loli-Nox-Tan
    Loli-Nox-Tan
    February 11, 2017 at 5:40 pm

If they do indeed release modding tools & the modding scene takes off, people are gonna be butthurt nonetheless.

7. 2501
    2501
    February 11, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Please let there be mod support for this game, i can only imagine the stupid shit people can do with that game’s world.

8. Nagato
    Nagato
    February 11, 2017 at 5:47 pm

Please leave this trash just on consoles.

I want World of FF and Tactics on PC already instead.

9. Heresy Hammer
    Heresy Hammer
    February 11, 2017 at 5:47 pm

Even if they don’t ignore it, they still think their version will be better. Thats fanboys for you.

10. catazxy
    catazxy
    February 11, 2017 at 5:48 pm

The boy band can get to it’s full potential….

11. gigantor21
    gigantor21
    February 11, 2017 at 5:48 pm

DO IT.

12. Heresy Hammer
    Heresy Hammer
    February 11, 2017 at 5:49 pm

That’s surprising coming from you. Personally I want 12 more than anything.

13. catazxy
    catazxy
    February 11, 2017 at 5:51 pm

Gender swap mods, please.

14. Taiga Gao
    Taiga Gao
    February 11, 2017 at 5:54 pm

FF12 is going to come out on PC probably next year, it’s the only FF we are missing (not taking into account the handhelds ones) and it’s getting a remaster for the PS4 this year.

It would make sense since FFX-X2 were released on PC after their remaster.

15. magicalfollower
    magicalfollower
    February 11, 2017 at 6:03 pm

“modding the game world”
    Oh shit, son.

16. Heresy Hammer
    Heresy Hammer
    February 11, 2017 at 6:06 pm

I wonder why its taken so long.

17. Chocolate ISISCream
    Chocolate ISISCream
    February 11, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Would you shut the fuck up with this cliche damage control statement? There is NOTHING FUCKING good about adding an entirely new demographic to an existing fanbase. And when it comes to be, anytime someone tries to talk about FFXV while revealing they play on a console will get shit on by the elitist pcucks. I can already forsee you faggots saying:

“Lmao enjoy your 22 FPS XD”
    “Hah, nice pre-made quests faggot. I’m doing my own quests.”
    “Dude, your cindy has clothes? Check mine out, you can literally see her nipples now.”
    “Wow your Regalia doesn’t play custom tracks? Only what was shipped with the disc? Sad.”

And the worst FUCKING thing about this is that Tabata is insistant on pushing this. All because his engine is fucking garbage that he his only chance of seeing it run at a competent framerate is by pushing out a pc port instead of optimising it.

18. No_Good_Names_Ever
    No_Good_Names_Ever
    February 11, 2017 at 6:14 pm

It’s FF fans, they’ll take it in the ass and make excuses for it.

19. Tristan (Chili1)
    Tristan (Chili1)
    February 11, 2017 at 6:18 pm

There is plenty good. New, refreshed discussion where people learn new things about the game they might not have had known before. More thoughts on the game’s flaws and its pluses. Plus more people are enjoying themselves than before.

And no, if an Xbox One player or a PS4 player goes “Hey, I’m currently at [insert part here], what should I do?” and like posts, the responses will most likely be just answers to said question, as what is being discussed makes platform irrelevant. If you try and make platform relevant, that is the only place where you might see some form of shitflinging.

Finally, even beyond just the introduction to new people, its pleasant getting to see the game be allowed to be at its best as, and it appears that with re-releases, Tabata desires to add new features and improve upon his game, thus making the game better, which is good. It brings new content to the table.

Calm down your shitposting.

20. evilmajikman
    evilmajikman
    February 11, 2017 at 6:19 pm

Custom questlines sounds awesome! But that shouldn’t be exclusive to the PC version. User generated content is always a cool feature to increase the lifespan of any game.

21. Sangaz
    Sangaz
    February 11, 2017 at 6:20 pm

Even the prospect of it with mods and shit on pc isn’t enough for me to pay for a sausage fest.

22. sdmblack
    sdmblack
    February 11, 2017 at 6:20 pm

What I’m worried about is how the new features are “pc exclusive”, leading to the universal discussion you’re talking about go away.

23. Heresy Hammer
    Heresy Hammer
    February 11, 2017 at 6:44 pm

There is so much projection here I feel it’s coming out of my monitor. Funny thing is I used to think / act like what you said. But I grew up and out of it and can understand why people play on consoles for numerous reasons regardless of what they might be.

If you thought this was a bait-like post to try and gauge for butthurt or try to “damage control” (what damage is there to control ?) then your wrong.

Your other comments are valid and the game should run just as well as any other platform. The onus is on them for that and I believe the “exclusive features” will only cause further division and conflicts between the fanbase, modding most likely being the biggest next of the supposed optimization.

However adding new players not only increases the games lifespan but can open up various opportunities for even console players. We will have to wait and see what happens in the future.

February 11, 2017 at 7:01 pm

Why would PlayStation fanboys care about a multiplatform game going to another system?

25. XERW
    XERW
    February 11, 2017 at 7:01 pm

Keep crying tard, my 4K machine runs on salt.

26. XERW
    XERW
    February 11, 2017 at 7:02 pm

See a certain triggered ice cream.

February 11, 2017 at 7:02 pm

He’s a troll. Plus this doesn’t answer my question.

28. XERW
    XERW
    February 11, 2017 at 7:02 pm

Better than the all-girl protagonist crap Gust has been pushing lately.

29. XERW
    XERW
    February 11, 2017 at 7:04 pm

Ok, I jest.

Realistically, they just shrugged and said “good for them” but I might be over-generalizing.

30. Malcolm_Ecks
    Malcolm_Ecks
    February 11, 2017 at 7:06 pm

It just hasn’t picked up on consoles yet. Mods on the mediocre Fallout 4 aren’t enough to have other devs go through the shit Bethesda went through to get mods on console. Too many licensing issues in that part of gaming.

31. Malcolm_Ecks
    Malcolm_Ecks
    February 11, 2017 at 7:07 pm

They want money for the PS4 remaster first. Then they’ll port that to the PC.

FF and the Tales games got Japan woke on the PC.

32. Malcolm_Ecks
    Malcolm_Ecks
    February 11, 2017 at 7:10 pm

I have a PS4 and a high end PC. I’ll double dip. People need to realize that a lot of the PS4 sales are for the Eastern influenced games that shot up/sell better on the PS Brand, are PC gamers too.

Til I start getting Persona and Yakuza games on PC, I’ll continue getting the PS Consoles to go with my PC.

33. Dr.Weird
    Dr.Weird
    February 11, 2017 at 7:14 pm

Honestly, I’d rebuy it for that, I’m almost through with it on ps4 and I would happily pay more to get better graphics, an expanded story, and mod support.

34. Juan Manuel M. Suárez
    Juan Manuel M. Suárez
    February 11, 2017 at 7:47 pm

Talk about fanboyism taken to the max~.

35. Juan Manuel M. Suárez
    Juan Manuel M. Suárez
    February 11, 2017 at 7:52 pm

Any of the “all girl protagonist crap” Gust makes is by leaps and bounds superior to the all girl protagonist crap Squeenix pulled with X-II~.

36. Wannabe_Baby
    Wannabe_Baby
    February 11, 2017 at 8:04 pm

If the “PC-exclusive features” are just mods and performance stuff, I’m fine with what the consoles have. Still, this is why you wait for GOTY editions, people.

37. Wannabe_Baby
    Wannabe_Baby
    February 11, 2017 at 8:07 pm

I doubt it. I bought Skyrim and Fallout on console and couldn’t care any less about the lack of mods. I don’t find spending hours figuring out which mods are breaking which other mods to be very fun.

38. Dr.Weird
    Dr.Weird
    February 11, 2017 at 8:08 pm

well maybe you should be a better gamer and get a pc if you’re so sad about how shit your platform is.

39. Kiryu
    Kiryu
    February 11, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Won’t make it a better game,is shit on PS4 and will be shit on PC.

40. Loli-Nox-Tan
    Loli-Nox-Tan
    February 11, 2017 at 8:16 pm

The only game I have spent hours modding is Oblivion (Such a pain in the ass) With Skyrim & Fallout3/NV/4 it’s mostly just a quick install & you’re done. Also the main problem with Modding Beth games is the Gamebryo engine which FF15 doesn’t use so…………..

41. XERW
    XERW
    February 11, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Can’t argue with X-2.

But seriously, Gust is catering to ultra beta (not everyone who plays the game, mind you) that gets triggered when there’s a male MC because they sees the male MC stealing their “waifu”

Then again, Gust needs money and pandering to a niche crowd does work wonders for them.

42. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    February 11, 2017 at 8:45 pm

I always hoped you were just a troll.This is just fucking sad.

43. Dr.Weird
    Dr.Weird
    February 11, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Sucking eachother off at your local glory hole.

44. GameZard
    GameZard
    February 11, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Plus it was obvious that the game was incomplete. I am waiting for the complete PC verison.

45. GameZard
    GameZard
    February 11, 2017 at 9:14 pm

Because Sony fanboys love complaining about everything.

46. GameZard
    GameZard
    February 11, 2017 at 9:15 pm

They are all bunking down at gemastu.

47. GameZard
    GameZard
    February 11, 2017 at 9:17 pm

Remember how sony fans were bitching when Xbox one got mod support but Ps4 didn’t.

48. UnpluggedBeta
    UnpluggedBeta
    February 11, 2017 at 9:51 pm

Hey guys, get a load of this console peasant whining about more people being able to play a video game! Did Heresy Hammer pay you to craft such a fantastic stereotype? kek.

49. UnpluggedBeta
    UnpluggedBeta
    February 11, 2017 at 9:53 pm

This is the correct course of action.

50. UnpluggedBeta
    UnpluggedBeta
    February 11, 2017 at 9:54 pm

This time x 1000 to be honest fam.

51. Adohleas
    Adohleas
    February 11, 2017 at 10:00 pm

Breath and take a walk outside, there’s no need to get triggered by this news.

52. Taiga Gao
    Taiga Gao
    February 11, 2017 at 10:01 pm

>I don’t find spending hours figuring out which mods are breaking which other mods to be very fun

That problem literally only happens if you install a big amount of mods at the same time without reading if there are compatibility issues between some of them.

Also:
    >playing a Bethesda game without mods

I wouldn’t wish a vanilla TES/FO experience to even my worst enemy. That’s worst than torture.

53. SuuLoliBoob
    SuuLoliBoob
    February 11, 2017 at 10:15 pm

Oh boy~ Wait until Nioh comes to PC~ :^)

54. Zombie_Barioth
    Zombie_Barioth
    February 11, 2017 at 10:16 pm

Probably just the ones that still think of Final Fantasy as a Playstation franchise, or they just have a bias toward the platform in question.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some fanboys still just can’t let that go, and are still butt-hurt they don’t have [insert game series here] all to themselves.

A lot of THAT I would imagine is either buyer’s Stockholm Syndrom, or just old-fashioned hipster mentality like a certain troll is demonstrating.

February 11, 2017 at 10:22 pm

This doesn’t make sense. So by the same logic Xbox fanboys should be upset that FFXV is not an exclusive to the XBone, if they didn’t know that the game is not exclusive. This is a rather uncharitable interpretation given that most people can use the internet or are not blind and saw the other version of the game when they went into the store.

56. Ruebeus
    Ruebeus
    February 11, 2017 at 11:18 pm

You’re thinking of PC elitists.

57. BaronKrause
    BaronKrause
    February 12, 2017 at 12:13 am

Pretty sure he wasn’t.

58. BaronKrause
    BaronKrause
    February 12, 2017 at 12:14 am

Oh god shut up.

59. Kal d
    Kal d
    February 12, 2017 at 12:27 am

Okay man you may care about video games too much. You should not care if the game is on a different platform. No one is going to crucify you for playing FFXV on console, because guess what NO ONE FUCKING CARES.

60. Xelioncito
    Xelioncito
    February 12, 2017 at 12:44 am

Main reason I got a PS4 is to play those games

61. Himegami Aisa
    Himegami Aisa
    February 12, 2017 at 12:59 am

In my experience the PC fanbase are far and away the most obnoxious in that regard. It does help there’s rarely a difference between console versions while a competent PC version should obviously be potentially more technically impressive in some way or another.

62. mario9785ify
    mario9785ify
    February 12, 2017 at 1:45 am

Whether you like it or not, there trying to add a new demographic. That was one of the big reasons for ffxv being action based. And there doing the same with ff7 remake. Heck ffxv even says it’s for old fans and new fans alike.

63. 3rdStrike_Ebi
    3rdStrike_Ebi
    February 12, 2017 at 2:06 am

I primarily play on PS4 – I couldn’t care less if PC gets better stuff.

64. Zombie_Barioth
    Zombie_Barioth
    February 12, 2017 at 3:16 am

I never said it made sense.:P

Anyway, that’s not quite right, the crux of it all is going from exclusive to non-exclusive, it has nothing to do with being unaware.

People aren’t much better when it comes to games that are excluded from a competing platform either.

Remember the drama over pictures of Titan Fall 2’s PS4 disc? Same shit pretty much.

65. Keirnoth
    Keirnoth
    February 12, 2017 at 3:36 am

You just wait for the PC version simply because in the future there will be a Steam sale where you can get it for even cheaper!

66. Keirnoth
    Keirnoth
    February 12, 2017 at 3:38 am

Please, you can only make my dick so erect.

I mean, didn’t portbegging get Idea Factory to start bringing over stuff to PC? I just find it funny when Japanese devs are surprised there’s such a huge enthusiastic feedback from Western gamers that want their games to be on PC.

67. Keirnoth
    Keirnoth
    February 12, 2017 at 3:40 am

I just like an all-girls cast because I’m a yuri fanboy, and you know there’s always a lesbian in that group.

However, I’m 100% fine with XV being what it is, it certainly is a change of pace from the same tired formula of the previous FF games.

68. Keirnoth
    Keirnoth
    February 12, 2017 at 3:41 am

Bruh, you forgot the Hyperdimension Neptunia games. That woke Japan the fuck up too.

69. Keirnoth
    Keirnoth
    February 12, 2017 at 3:42 am

Bro, more games for more people is the best for all of us. The best thing to do if you’re a giant weeb gamer is to get a current gen PS Console and a PC, that way most of your bases are covered. Maybe get a PS Vita on the cheap for Vita-exclusive weeb games.

70. Keirnoth
    Keirnoth
    February 12, 2017 at 3:44 am

Whenever I hear my favorite franchise getting a port for another game system I’m actually fucking glad. That means more people get to enjoy the game I like.

Maybe when I was 12 and I only had one system I’d be acting like a dick but nowadays since most of us can afford one or two consoles it’s not a big deal. More people who can play the game = more fans = more copies of the game being sold = more money for the company = more sequels, ports, etc.

71. Zack
    Zack
    February 12, 2017 at 4:06 am

REKT!

72. GameZard
    GameZard
    February 12, 2017 at 4:44 am

Nah as I buy new games that I am interested in at full price.

73. BaronKrause
    BaronKrause
    February 12, 2017 at 4:59 am

Naa the betas are the ones who need that ultra lame “relatable” male MC to self insert as in order to enjoy a story.

February 12, 2017 at 5:16 am

“I never said it made sense.” – this means that what you wrote in your previous post is invalid.

“This is just another situation where people gain satisfaction from thinking they have something other people don’t.” – but we already established that this is not the case with FFXV given that it’s a multiplatform title to begin with.

75. Jens - alt er på Twitter
    Jens - alt er på Twitter
    February 12, 2017 at 5:20 am

FFXV wasn’t perfect, but… it is a very comfy game.

76. magicalfollower
    magicalfollower
    February 12, 2017 at 5:25 am

I agree with you!
    FF12 is such a good game.

Hopefully we will see on PC in the future.

77. Zombie_Barioth
    Zombie_Barioth
    February 12, 2017 at 5:54 am

No, it doesn’t invalidate anything because I wasn’t referring to my explanation.

It doesn’t really matter whether its because people are still upset Final Fantasy isn’t exclusive anymore, they hate other platforms with a burning passion, or what have you.

No matter what all we’re doing is trying to rationally explain the irrational.

There isn’t a ‘good’ reason for any of it.

78. XERW
    XERW
    February 12, 2017 at 5:55 am

Both are equally shitty.

79. Vorastra
    Vorastra
    February 12, 2017 at 5:59 am

Man, this is the stupidest comment I’ve read in a while. Damn, son.

February 12, 2017 at 6:27 am

Actually it does. You said “Probably just the ones that still think of Final Fantasy as a
    Playstation franchise, or they just have a bias toward the platform in
    question.”, which isn’t correct considering nobody is that uninformed. You are assuming the motivations of an amorphous mass of people that can’t be quantified or exemplified.

“I wasn’t talking about FFXV either, but rather Final Fantasy as a brand being associated with a specific platform.” – again why would it? Ever since XIII FF is not exclusive.

“No matter what all we’re doing is trying to rationally explain the irrational.” – the only irrational bit I see is catazxy’s initial post antagonising PlayStation fanboys, when it doesn’t make sense in the context of FFXV.

81. catazxy
    catazxy
    February 12, 2017 at 6:57 am

I don’t expect any rational thinking when it comes to fanboys (form any platform). I’ve seen them getting mad over every exclusive going multiplat.
    Perhaps mean different things when we talk about “fanboys”, but I call that only the most delusional and irrational users of a platform. It’s fine to like a company of a product, damn, I love my ps2, ps3, psp, psvita, and xbox360, but I aways wish some of the games on that platform get on pc, since the limitation of the consoles made them look or play bad…

February 12, 2017 at 7:03 am

To be honest your post lacks rationality. So why did you specifically target PlayStation fanboys when the game is on Xbox as well?

” I’ve seen them getting mad over every exclusive going multiplat.” – but FFXV is not an exclusive. Why would they be upset over a multiplatform game being released on another system?

If anything your post seems antagonistic and fanboyish.

83. Alistair
    Alistair
    February 12, 2017 at 7:26 am

Would people be alright if consoles have added features and PC hasn’t.

I remember PC gamers moaning about not enough ecchi games on that platform.

But SE Did say “Let the salt flow”

84. Zack
    Zack
    February 12, 2017 at 7:40 am

I think the word you are looking for is “hetare” xD

85. Vitor Santos
    Vitor Santos
    February 12, 2017 at 8:04 am

i have a PS4 and im gonna wait for FF XV and nier automata to come on PC to buy them. I don’t go with the hype of buying things when they are new /full price, and i have a huge backlog on every platform i own to go through. gotta be patient.

86. catazxy
    catazxy
    February 12, 2017 at 8:09 am

Well, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.
    I told you, I own consoles, but I would never become a fanboy, because that’s when you release any rational judgement and become a marketing tool for free.
    If you require any more explanations, then I’m sorry man, you have issues.

87. 2501
    2501
    February 12, 2017 at 8:10 am

I want my car radio to just be a playlist of NSYNC.

88. luggage lad
    luggage lad
    February 12, 2017 at 8:10 am

everyone, come look at this angry chocolate faggot

89. Zombie_Barioth
    Zombie_Barioth
    February 12, 2017 at 8:17 am

No, I’m not. If you haven’t noticed, I said “I wouldn’t be surprised if SOME fanboys couldn’t let it go”.

I never suggested it was all fanboys, let alone attempted to quantify them.

Nobody can answer your initial question without “assuming their motivations” either, so why even ask? No definitive one exists.

You keep bringing up not being uninformed, that has nothing to do with the point at hand. You don’t have to be to hold a grudge or bias.

Its all to do with brand association and brand loyalty. To them that is where it belongs, and some WILL take such a thing to the extreme.

90. catazxy
    catazxy
    February 12, 2017 at 8:21 am

Yeah, you are right, and I bought a vita for that.

91. AR7777
    AR7777
    February 12, 2017 at 8:38 am

I find it hard to believe that anyone thought for a second this was not coming to PC

92. Mic Ngu
    Mic Ngu
    February 12, 2017 at 8:42 am

Be careful with yourself on the computer. You’ll get destroyed.

93. Nagato
    Nagato
    February 12, 2017 at 9:41 am

I’m not sure people begged for Idea Factory’s games specifically; that was mainly a thing back with the original Dark Souls, which From Software actually acted upon to great acclaim.

Idea Factory just randomly decided to start bringing over their games (probably at seeing the success of Dark Souls and others), and then sold tons of copies and gained quite the following simply because their ports are of good quality and the games keep on coming frequently.

94. Fenrir007
    Fenrir007
    February 12, 2017 at 9:42 am

“There is NOTHING FUCKING good about adding an entirely new demographic to an existing fanbase. ”

It brings in money, thus assuring the continued existence and expansion of the IP. As long as the original game is not transformed into something it is not (such as EA’s misguided attempts at bringing the CoD kids to like Dragon Age), then its fine.

95. Fenrir007
    Fenrir007
    February 12, 2017 at 9:43 am

This was obvious from day one considering Squeenix trend to bring over pretty much all of their Final Faggotry games to Steam.

96. Nagato
    Nagato
    February 12, 2017 at 9:49 am

I’m leaning towards it being bought timed exclusivity instead, given how SteamDB showed the X/X-2 remake sitting on the servers untouched for about 9 months, until releasing exactly a year after it released on PS4.

97. Nagato
    Nagato
    February 12, 2017 at 10:03 am

I dunno, the amount of PC gamers willing to get a console for the low amount of remaining exclusives seems relatively small, let alone those willing to double dip on them.

Doesn’t make sense to get a console now when somehow each and every third party is making its way to PC so far, especially after even companies like NIS and Gust defied all expectations and jumped in on the platform as well. It totally made sense in previous generations when it was unthinkable that tons of devs would ever leave certain consoles, but not so much nowadays.

I still feel confident in my prediction that those two series you named will hit PC relatively soon as well, given that the (console) exclusivity logos – or lack thereof in P5’s case – don’t tend to lie.

For ChocoISIS, in case you happen to read this: that still includes Nioh was well despite its exclusivity logo, as Sony obviously couldn’t have bought full exclusivity on the game when it was already almost done anyway.

98. Lezard Valeth
    Lezard Valeth
    February 12, 2017 at 10:36 am

They are not ‘pushing it’ . it’s in their ADN, why change something that worked for them for years and years. and that they actually quite good at it, than most of the other compagny out there. they won’t make sacrifice their longtime fans for newcomer making a tantrum over this.
    ( SE can do it without problems, FF is a seller by name alone unlike Atelier, or a Nights of Azure )

99. Bitterbear
    Bitterbear
    February 12, 2017 at 10:49 am

Why do you want masculine characters in this game?

100. Bitterbear
    Bitterbear
    February 12, 2017 at 10:51 am

They’re powering up the Neogaf engines.

101. CombatMeido
    CombatMeido
    February 12, 2017 at 10:53 am

There are 16 Final Fantasy games on Steam and console only players are mad because number 17 gets added to that list? Really? Why not just be happy that others get to enjoy the games as well and we all can talk about our experience with the game, I mean the only difference is… generally improved version, Ultra HD, 144 fps, modded, exclusive Quest lines etc. hahaha, get rekt Consolecucks.
    (No srsly, just ignore this kind of stuff and be happy that you got to play the game)

102. Jumanji Joe
    Jumanji Joe
    February 12, 2017 at 11:41 am

The amount of salt you’ve produced has allowed me to gather, package, and sell my own brand of console kiddie brand salt. You can add it to your favorite meal or snack and enjoy the taste of butt blasted children that can’t afford good computers.

103. ElKonsolero
    ElKonsolero
    February 12, 2017 at 12:53 pm

Alrighty then, that´s great but will FF XV be a complete game by then so i can buy it for my PS4?

104. Kiwi Hoy
    Kiwi Hoy
    February 12, 2017 at 1:10 pm

“I play video games for the waifu”

100% a real gamer and not just a lonely virgin

105. Fear Me I Am Free
    Fear Me I Am Free
    February 12, 2017 at 1:44 pm

I mean it’s cool and all that PC is getting it, but I hate when there’s version exclusive bullshit.

106. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    February 12, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Oh boy.If nioh will come to PC the salt levels will pierce the Heavens.:))

107. AuraMaster DX (austin9568)
    AuraMaster DX (austin9568)
    February 12, 2017 at 2:58 pm

inb4 “but mah mods man”

February 12, 2017 at 2:58 pm

Can you explain what’s rational about your comment given that the game is not an exclusive?

That guy is a troll. Were you specifically targeting him with that post? Did he not know that the game is multiplatform already?

109. Kougeru
    Kougeru
    February 12, 2017 at 3:27 pm

Game is getting 60fps patch so engine can’t be that bad

February 12, 2017 at 3:27 pm

And I never said that you said that all fanboys are like that. I don’t care about the quantity. The issue here is that it may be 0.

“Nobody can answer your initial question without “assuming their motivations” either, so why even ask? ” – because you are not quantifying or exemplifying this group as I said. What is the reasoning behind them being mad? The “it doesn’t have to make sense excuse” is not acceptable here I’m afraid.

“You keep bringing up not being uninformed, that has nothing to do with
    the point at hand. You don’t have to be to hold a grudge or bias.” – what grudge or bias? Explain to me why people would be mad that an already multiplatform game will go to another platform. The only way fanboys would be mad about this is if they thought they were losing an exclusive game, which is not the case, which has everything to do with the point at hand.

“It doesn’t matter if FF isn’t exclusive anymore if people still associate it with playstation.” – still doesn’t make it an exclusive. The people who only played the latest game on Xbox may associate it with Xbox. The Nintendo fans may associate it with the NES/SNES games. The objective truth is that the game is multiplatform.

So, let’s summarise shall we? There’s this mythical group of fanboys who associate FF with the PlayStation brand that will be upset that FFXV, which is already a multiplatform title will be released on another system and catazxy is specifically trying to antagonise those people and just those people. Nothing unreasonable about that, nope.

111. WIZARDBONER
    WIZARDBONER
    February 12, 2017 at 3:34 pm

Well I feel like some of the PC exclusives he was talking about are a lot easier to pull off on PC. The custom quests and modding support are things that are tough to implement on console.

112. WIZARDBONER
    WIZARDBONER
    February 12, 2017 at 3:54 pm

I play almost exclusively on PC now, (last console I bought was an Xbox 360 when they had 20 GB hard drives) and I have to agree with you. While all platforms seem to have fanboys that shit talk each other about their platform being the best, with PC I’ve seen people talk down to others for wanting to play games with Xbox or Playstation controllers. Even if you explain that you want to use a controller for comfort purposes, it seems that KB+M is always considered superior no matter what. I constantly see others being talked down to because of a way they choose to play a game. It’s ridiculous.

113. Heresy Hammer
    Heresy Hammer
    February 12, 2017 at 4:39 pm

“Explain to me why people would be mad that an already multiplatform game
    will go to another platform. The only way fanboys would be mad about
    this is if they thought they were losing an exclusive game, which is not
    the case, which has everything to do with the point at hand.”

Thats just it, people know that this is a multiplatform series but fanboys don’t want their series being dragged away any further because they believe it to be a playstation majority series.

Its fucking stupid no matter how you look at it.
    Thats why it doesnt make sense.

114. Himegami Aisa
    Himegami Aisa
    February 12, 2017 at 5:07 pm

That’s another silly area of snobbery that irks me. Sure, you’re not exactly going to get on the leaderboards of a shooter or a fighter, and it’s not really feasible to use with for example strategy games, but if someone wants to play with a controller, what’s it matter to you? Unfortunately it seems a not insignificant proportion of PC gamers nowadays are obnoxious teenage redditor types. Guess the whole PC gamers being a more mature audience thing has gone out the window.

February 12, 2017 at 5:35 pm

What kind of reasoning is that? What does “dragged away any further” even mean? Do you have an example of people who think this way?

“because they believe it to be a playstation majority series.” – again, this doesn’t mean that FFXV is not an exclusive title from the get go. If it was World of FF or another similar PlayStation only game catazxy post, while still being antagonistic, would actually make sense, but as it stands, the stupidity is on his part.

116. InfectedAI
    InfectedAI
    February 12, 2017 at 7:16 pm

He is, everyone here is taking the bait.

117. rBeowulf
    rBeowulf
    February 12, 2017 at 7:39 pm

No thanks. Already saw the ending and know the whole story, so a pc release is useless.

Release your games simultaneously, or fuck off.

118. Himegami Aisa
    Himegami Aisa
    February 12, 2017 at 7:55 pm

The opposite side of entitlement. I wonder if you play many Japanese games.

119. InfectedAI
    InfectedAI
    February 12, 2017 at 8:00 pm

PC is capable of more. Consoles are essentially weak PCs. It makes sense that the hardware that can do more does. It isn’t getting extra features for arbitrary reasons.

120. InfectedAI
    InfectedAI
    February 12, 2017 at 8:13 pm

It’s not really bullshit, it’s stuff that’s exclusive to the system in general. PC hardware is more capable of creating and running mods. Console manufacturers usually don’t like it when fans mess around on their hardware for a variety of reasons.

121. Fear Me I Am Free
    Fear Me I Am Free
    February 12, 2017 at 8:20 pm

Ok, I wasn’t thinking about mods. More like exclusive content that they add to the game that’s capable on everything.

122. magicalfollower
    magicalfollower
    February 12, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Also, Gust has always used this formula. I don’t get the “pushing lately” that XERW said. The only Gust games that have a mixed cast are the two Mana Khemia games.

There rest are either all-female or female predominant, which most of them are.

123. Juan Manuel M. Suárez
    Juan Manuel M. Suárez
    February 12, 2017 at 8:46 pm

More obnoxious? Hardly. As obnoxious? Sure. Best example? Switch announcement (and really, even weeks before it) PS4 people shtiting all over Nintendo fanbase telling them that there’s no way they’ll get games or that they could get games as good as on PS4 and so on and so forth. And let’s not even talk about the saltfest that goes on whenever an “exclusive” goes to PC. Hell, we are talking about the people who claim something dumb as “console exclusive” because PC doesn’t count for ports is legit~.

All fanboys are fucking obnoxious and toxic, there aren’t lesser evils: Nintendo fanboys, PC fanboys and Sony fanboys are all a cancer. I can’t say about Microsoft, I haven’t seen those in ages~.

124. Malcolm_Ecks
    Malcolm_Ecks
    February 12, 2017 at 8:53 pm

It still makes sense to get a console. Considering its either PS4 or PC for a lot of the Japanese games not getting Nintendo censored, and the fact that there are still dozens of franchises not on the PC yet but on PSN, that alone is reason for those of us who can afford to, to get a console with a PC.

I’m sure Nintendo fans who will be getting the Switch play a lot of PC games these days as well. I just think that Japan still needs to really see the PC to be a valid platform because their console ships are sinking.

125. Battlechili
    February 12, 2017 at 8:54 pm

>tfw PC only gamer
    >tfw there is literally zero reason to get a console

Japanese games on PC:
    >No Hatsune Miku Project Diva f
    >No Hatsune Miku Project Diva X
    >No Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone
    >No The Last Guardian
    >No Bloodborne
    >No Hot Shots Golf
    >No Knack 2 https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/f1de219bea4c83e6234ef72e9838a861fcd9dfafa61fef86fdb7c79dbae078c1.jpg

126. Battlechili
    February 12, 2017 at 8:55 pm

Your 4k machine runs on console ports.

127. Battlechili
    February 12, 2017 at 9:08 pm

butturt sonygger detected LOL. FFXV is coming to PC and its going to look glorious

128. Battlechili
    February 12, 2017 at 9:18 pm

Nah. Obnoxious performance-related shitposting is a stable of the PC gaming Master Race movement and if not the very basis of it. Console peasants argue over who has the best or most exclusives most of the time, performance is irrelevant since all peasants are subject to 30fps with drops slideshow gaming.

129. Battlechili
    February 12, 2017 at 9:21 pm

The single-platform-only stance is still going strong though especially among PC users. Most people CAN afford multiple systems but the most roxic people are always the ones who can only afford to get one so they dig in and try to justify their platform to the ends of the earth.

130. XERW

>Anisotropic Filtering x16
    >G-Sync/Freesync for tearing-free gameplay
    >Multiple monitor support
    >Mods
    >Better loadtimes with NVME/M2 SSD
    >Keyboard+Mouse/Dualshock/XBox controller support

Cry more kiddo. Also if we want exclusives we can just buy console, play it once, and leave it to catch dust because we adults have a thing called “disposable income”

Also my PC thanks you for the salt!

131. Battlechili
    February 12, 2017 at 9:23 pm

Agreed. There are games I am currently playing on various consoles that desperately need to be ported to PC due to the lack of modability and 60fps but you have to settle for shit performance and an incomplete product because the rights are with monopolistic, anti-consumer console manufacturing conglomerates like Nintendo. The sooner these shady console companies go out of business or go third party the better for everybody, that way I can have full control over my games and see their fullest potential on PC hardware. This is why every day I fight to convince people to boycott Nintendo consoles because the less sales they see, the sooner they will finally go third party so I can play their hostageware on a real gaming platform.

132. Battlechili
    February 12, 2017 at 9:32 pm

>XCOM2
    A game developed for PC that can’t even run PC’s properly. Also considered the worst in the series. Also ported to consoles.
    >Civ series
    Civ 6 is crap compared to the earlier games and it LITERALLY looks like a port of an iOS game
    >ArmA 3
    Poorly optimized game that nobody plays
    >Stellaris
    The shittest RTS to have come out in the last couple years, a game that proved the genre is dying
    >Divinity: Original Sin
    Once again ported to consoles
    >Eve
    The only decent game here
    >and many more
    >also enhanced console port

>Cry more kiddo. Also if we want exclusives we can just buy console, play
    it once, and leave it to catch dust because we adults have a thing
    called “disposable income”

Tell that to 90% of the PC userbase who are poor masterracers justifying their sub $500 gaming builds and wondering why a PS4 Pro blows them the fuck out. You can’t even show me a current generation PC game that actually takes advantage of your specifications, PC is literally a console port machine at the moment.

Heck shw me a sub $400 gaming PC that is capable of graphics like pic related. All PC gaming is, is a technology circlejerk without the software to actually back it up. Sure you can pay $3000 to run console ports of Ubisoft games at 4k but then you get blown the fuck out by games that look better because they were optimized for a console that costs less than a laptop.

Hoizon
    Uncharted
    Death Stranding
    Spiderman
    God Of war

Are all games that are going to smash your card to pieces and inadvertantly expose how badly you got ripped off by Nvidia when games coming out for a sub $400 machine look 100x better than any PC game or console port on the market.

133. Battlechili
    February 12, 2017 at 9:38 pm

I would never let Sonyfanboys live it down. You could get drunk off the salt and the only rational thing to do would be to laugh at them and antagonize them even more. I literally want Nioh to come to PC just so I can slap my dick across the faces of cancerous Sonyfanboys LOL. A man can dream.

Seriously though it needs to come to PC, the game engine just like FFXV’s just can’t run on consoles properly no matter how much the lower the resolution and hide shit behind the fog. Some people want to play games at it’s fullest potential and there’s nothing wrong with that at all.

134. Battlechili
    February 12, 2017 at 9:44 pm

Agreed, there is no need for this kind of shitposting, we’ve already known for ages that this was coming to PC and the game can only reach it’s true potential on this platform because the games engine was not designed to run on sub-standard console hardware.

I don’t understand why people desperately want to want FFXV to remain on console in it’s grotesque state, PC users don’t even shitpost anymore, they just want to play games properly and having FFXV run at settings that match promotional footage let alone 4k at 120fps is more than enough reason to invest in a $3000 gaming PC. I don’t get the outrage but that’s not saying much, Sony fanboys are the most cancerous fanbase in existence.

135. Cerea
    Cerea
    February 12, 2017 at 9:45 pm

So many people want to play a disappointment. Amazing.

136. Battlechili
    February 12, 2017 at 9:49 pm

That’s what happens when your only gaming platform is PC and you’re desperate and hungry for console ports. Quality is secondary to simply getting something to eat to nourish a state of starvation.

It sets a bad precedent though especially for nicher and lesser known games. We kind of want people to vote with their wallets instead of showing publishers they can turn a buck on low quality games but all of your work gets undone when PC gamers buy up every and anything from Japan as long as it gets a Steam release. Beggars can’t be choosers I guess.

137. Cerea
    Cerea
    February 12, 2017 at 9:54 pm

Oh? I didn’t mean PC in general. WoFF sales I cry :(

138. Battlechili
    February 12, 2017 at 9:55 pm

Uhh the game is complete, it’s just pretty mediocre. I dont consider post launch made DLC content as apart of the main package though but I could be wrong on that

139. Battlechili
    February 12, 2017 at 9:58 pm

They are considered the most cancerous fanbase for a reason. Everytime you see a Sony poster make sure you bring him down a few notches. Be sensible and help the master race destroy shady, monopolistic, anti-consumerist conglomerate console manufatures who are keeping games hostage to sub-standard 30fps slideshow gaming consoles like Nintendo.

I do my part and tell people everyday to boycoy PS4 and Nintendo Switch because as long as those consoles sell, anti-consumer exclusives and the rights to those games will be kept in the hands of greedy, devlish, Japanese bastards and that’s not right. Consoles(besides Xbox) are un-American and need to be destroyed.

140. Battlechili
    February 12, 2017 at 10:00 pm

Noctis dies at the end

=X woops

141. porkbun
    porkbun
    February 12, 2017 at 10:11 pm

This is two weeks old news. WTF

142. XERW
    XERW
    February 12, 2017 at 10:12 pm

> Google $500 console killer.
    > Death Stranding isn’t even out.
    > Listing all 1st party game with optimizations unavailable to 3rd party devs.
    > 3rd party game suffer from shitty AA and texture resolution + load time (1st party titles too in an extent)
    > Shitty sales

Yeah, cry even harder while I game all over the world during airport transits and flight with my Razer Blade Pro.

Good thing my laptop needs less salt.

143. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    February 12, 2017 at 10:18 pm

I know I’m in the minority here but I play the Souls games with Mouse+KB. It works better for me than a controller.

144. Battlechili
    February 12, 2017 at 10:56 pm

> Google $500 console killer.
    meme
    > Death Stranding isn’t even out.
    True
    > Listing all 1st party game with optimizations unavailable to 3rd party devs.
    False. They have devkits and correspondence with Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft tech teams like any other publisher or first party studio. How come Horizon Zero Dawn exists when Witcher 3 that had 10x the budget and was actualy backed by the Polish government was apparently ”downgraded” for consoles? It makes no sense right? Who was the game downgraded for actually?
    True
    > Shitty sales
    meme

>It’s pretty clear PC have all the advantages compared to current-gen consoles.
    True.

I love my gaming PC, I have a dual 1080 sli setup but I’m sick of the console downgrade meme. Publishers need to be held accountable for their actions and blaming consoles is letting anti-consumer, monopolistic, conglomerate, greedy corporate empires get away with releasing sub-quality software on the common people. All while getting their consumerbase to blame perfectly capable hardware called consoles because all their programmers are SJW’s who have more experience and interest in curating the gaming industries politics than actually making proper games.

The fact is I shouldnt need to spend thousands to receive basic optimization on PC, my PC could have costed half as much if evil corporate publishers were held accountable and tried for their shit products and stopped trying to keep we the people down. We have to unite and fight together instead of among each other.

145. XERW
    XERW
    February 12, 2017 at 11:08 pm

I know. The thing is, most of us are conditioned to be “grateful” when something got ported to PC. (I admit I’m guilty of this when it comes to JRPG)

> Publishers need to be held accountable for their actions

Well that’s the hard part. They just put the blame to devs even though they’re the ones setting stupidly short development cycle and QA session.

> The fact is I shouldn’t need to spend thousands to receive basic optimization on PC

Agreed. PC optimization usually put on backburner (if not non-existent beyond start-up crsah fix) and they just rely on jacking up system requirements.

Deus Ex:HR is pretty unplayable with 8GB of RAM especially in the town center and moving between areas (Notice the massive swap R/W) with its epic loadtime and frame drops in Praha…

Just Cause 3 took the shitty port crown though.

146. Tristan (Chili1)
    Tristan (Chili1)
    February 12, 2017 at 11:36 pm

IMPOSTER

147. Himegami Aisa
    Himegami Aisa
    February 13, 2017 at 2:03 am

Please stop putting tildes at the end of every sentence~. It makes you look like a fourteen-year-old and is annoying as fuck to read in general~. And I said in that regard. I’m not about to dispute that all fanboys are awful, but they don’t circlejerk over the same things. PS4 owners don’t stroke their dicks about resolution/performance/general “superiority” of playing on a PS4, probably because that would be dumb as fuck.

148. Ruggarell
    Ruggarell
    February 13, 2017 at 2:38 am

FFXV sucks anyway. Like it’s ass. Can’t believe people think it’s good. 10 years of hype for nothing.

149. Ruggarell
    Ruggarell
    February 13, 2017 at 2:39 am

PC dick suckers are thirsty for any games.

150. Juan Manuel M. Suárez
    Juan Manuel M. Suárez
    February 13, 2017 at 4:26 am

With the advent of PS4 Pro they do. Hell, even without it, the sole argument against Xbox One the first year was that on PS4 you could play in slightly better resolution. Toxicity based about performance is no longer exclusive to PC gamers~.

151. Ruggarell
    Ruggarell
    February 13, 2017 at 5:50 am

PC dick suckers will eat up any console game scrap LMAO.

152. Zanard Bell
    Zanard Bell
    February 13, 2017 at 6:21 am

I’m not even sure if you’re being salty because FF XV is being released for the PC, or that you bought the hype and is salty about that either.

Don’t care if you call it scrap, the PC Master Race will make it even greater. :^)

153. Dr.Weird
    Dr.Weird
    February 13, 2017 at 6:34 am

give it a couple years, we’ll be playing those for free at higher resolutions than console folks.

154. Ruggarell
    Ruggarell
    February 13, 2017 at 8:22 am

FFXV fucking sucks I dropped it within an hour of playtime.

155. Eldhin Hellknight
    Eldhin Hellknight
    February 13, 2017 at 8:47 am

“modding the game world”, so we could have a mod to transform those back street boys into better sexy girls… Nice

156. Lezard Valeth
    Lezard Valeth
    February 13, 2017 at 9:35 am

That’s thumbnail. His face when he realize he got a Stomach ache, after eating too much beans, and rolling around in bushes to catche frogs.
    to save his country and the world.

157. Himegami Aisa
    Himegami Aisa
    February 13, 2017 at 10:37 am

The circlejerking in that area has decreased over time this generation, actually, with the Wii U being a massive flop and the PS4 and the Xbone being quite comparable in specs (their revisions are massively different either). And in most regards really. People always talk about performance when Nintendo’s relevant because their consoles have generally been cheaper and less technically capable. It’s still there with Sony and Xbox fanboys, but it mostly comes from PC fanboys nowadays (Sony fans generally brag about its exclusives instead).

158. PixelBuff
    PixelBuff
    February 13, 2017 at 11:39 am

Will there be a mod that makes the second half of the game not be an unfinished, rushed mess?

159. Jorge Tavani
    Jorge Tavani
    February 13, 2017 at 7:52 pm

Cidney aurun SFM COMING

160. Jorge Tavani
    Jorge Tavani
    February 13, 2017 at 8:02 pm

oh god shut the hell up

161. OSad
    OSad
    February 13, 2017 at 8:46 pm

>There is NOTHING FUCKING good about adding an entirely new demographic to an existing fanbase.

Platform diversity is never a bad thing. It gives consumers tangible choices over where they want to purchase a game. It gives developers more avenues to make a return on their work.

The only people that benefit from platform exclusivity are publishers, since users have to pay an additional hardware fee up front to play that game.

This is not an indictment of PC being a superior platform to consoles. I myself enjoy the couch console experience more than PC’s as I grew up playing games on consoles. It will always come down to what you prefer, though when you take the choice away from customers, that is never a good thing, period. It’s not a good thing for PC exclusives, and it’s not a good thing for console exclusives.

162. Nagato
    Nagato
    February 14, 2017 at 9:07 am

There’s no exclusivity logo and this is Xseed, you were guaranteed to get this within months from the very beginning.

Kind of a shame Chilli’s list has so much garbage on it, would’ve loved to gone through most of it otherwise. I honestly do miss certain older titles like Catherine and Ninja Gaiden II, however.

163. Keirnoth
    Keirnoth
    February 14, 2017 at 4:28 pm

A whole lot of the oldier Atelier games can be played on emulator.

KOF 14 will likely get a port since KOF 13 was a huge PC success.

DW Godseekers will probably get a port too.

It’s whether or not you’re willing to wait for the ports. Sometimes game companies do simultaneous releases, sometimes they don’t.

But you have to admit man, you can still get a LOT OF JP CONSOLE TITLES on PC now than you could 5-7 years ago.

But yes, it’s still not an excuse NOT to get a PS4 and/or PS Vita if you can afford it. Why deprive yourself of fun games?

164. Keirnoth
    Keirnoth
    February 14, 2017 at 4:33 pm

PS3 emulator is slowly coming along so we might be able to play some PS3 titles.

165. SiliconNooB
    SiliconNooB
    February 17, 2017 at 9:51 pm

The PC platform is getting better with respect to Japanese games, but as a primarily JRPG focused gamer the PS4 is still pretty much a compulsory purchase for me.

166. SinkingSage
    SinkingSage
    February 28, 2017 at 12:26 am

A new fanbase? The other FF’s are already on PC apart from XII which is easily emulated.
    Enjoy your 22 FPS faggot.

167. Syncroniam

>No Danganronpa 3
    >No Ys VIII
    Hmm…..

170. catazxy
    catazxy
    August 9, 2017 at 5:54 am

All of them are or they’ve already been announced for pc…..

171. GameZard
    GameZard
    September 2, 2017 at 4:49 am

Seeing how PS4 gamers beg more than anyone else and has less Japaneses games than PC…