Super Bomberman R Was Made by Former Hudson Staff

We’ve learned (via Siliconera) the recently announced Super Bomberman R was developed by staff very familiar with the classic franchise.

The game was developed by Nintendo, Hexadrive (known for Final Fantasy Type-0 HD and The 3rd Birthday) and an internal Konami team made up of Bomberman veterans from Hudson.

The Konami-subsidiary was merged with the publisher back in 2012, and since then it remained unclear what happened to the staff known for the Bomberman games, despite the fact that Konami would still put out games under the Hudson brand.

The in-game currency is used to unlock costumes, a swell as continues in your games – a nod to classic coin-op game-overs. It remains to be seen if this includes real-world money, however you can earn more currency by just playing the game.

The game was developed initially by Nintendo and Konami, and is set for a March 3 release alongside the Nintendo Switch itself.

1. CrabCombat
    CrabCombat
    January 15, 2017 at 2:28 pm

“Potential micro-transactions were seen in the game during its unveiling at Nintendo’s live broadcast.”

I like Konami better when they don’t bother making games at all

2. Travis Touchdown
    Travis Touchdown
    January 15, 2017 at 3:13 pm

Hopefully Nintendo seizes all the talent Konami has left.

3. RPG
    RPG
    January 15, 2017 at 3:59 pm

This is the one other game that I am interested in besides Breath of the Wild at Switche’s launch date. However, it is being made by modern day Konami, and this micro-transaction rumor does not assuage my fears. Bomberman series is long over due for a good game to come out.
    I won’t be getting a switch any time soon anyway; Breath of the Wild on the Wii U is fine enough for now I am sure, and I have too many reservations about the Switch right now to get it. I will just wait and see how things go with this game. Fingers crossed.

January 15, 2017 at 4:11 pm

I was wondering how Konami will fuck this up. Microtransactions are the answer.

5. Mighty No. 56008
    Mighty No. 56008
    January 15, 2017 at 6:11 pm

And seeing how I just saw it priced at the same rate as Zelda Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey, it’s very unlikely I would even touch this game now.

Is it so hard to ask for a nice Bomberman game?? It amazes me how they messed up such a “sure thing”.

6. Tubsiwub
    Tubsiwub
    January 15, 2017 at 6:29 pm

Gotta announce stuff like that or the game wouldn’t sell. I can’t find many people that still like Konami, even slightly.

7. porkbun
    porkbun
    January 15, 2017 at 7:10 pm

There aren’t any left

8. NuclearKangaroo
    NuclearKangaroo
    January 15, 2017 at 10:49 pm

“The in-game currency is used to unlock costumes, a swell as continues in your games”

“a swell as continues in your games”

dropped harder than an anvil

9. VLOCKUP
    VLOCKUP
    January 16, 2017 at 12:47 am

>all the talents at making pachinko machine

Sure.