Hideaki Itsuno Will Announce His New Game in 2017

Hideaki Itsuno, mostly known as the director of the Devil May Cry series and Dragon’s Dogma, is set to announce his next game next year.

“Happy New Year! I exert myself in order to announce a new game this year. Thank you” the creator teased his new title in a new tweet. His new game could be anything, however it’s interesting considering the Devil May Cry series recently saw its 15th anniversary.

Combine this with voice actors Johnny Yong Bosch (Nero in Devil May Cry 4) and Reuben Langdon (Dante, the entire Devil May Cry series) meeting for a mo-cap session, as well as a voice actor listing Devil May Cry 5 on his resume – it makes us hope we’re getting a true Devil May Cry sequel, or instead maybe even a Dragon’s Dogma sequel.

Do you guys want a new Devil May Cry game? Sound off in the comments below!

1. Deathtone
    Deathtone
    December 31, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Eh it’d be nice but considering the last one. I could care less

2. 2501
    2501
    December 31, 2016 at 2:03 pm

As long as it doesn’t shit the bed like DMC4, i would be pretty hype for what Itsuno has to offer. I would prefer it though if he ditches DMC and makes his own character action game.

3. Eldhin Hellknight
    Eldhin Hellknight
    December 31, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Its not related to this publication, but… Anyone knows if The Witch and the Hundred Knight -Revival- is good? Its cheap right know but, since its a NISA release, i want to así first. I know that the PS3 release is even dangerous for the console, but i dont know if the PS4 versions has the same problems. Also… any censorship?

4. NuclearCherries
    NuclearCherries
    December 31, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Hope it’s DMC5. Or Dragon’s Dogma 2. Either is fine. Day one buy etc.

5. goodbyejojo
    goodbyejojo
    December 31, 2016 at 2:20 pm

i want to see a spada prequel or a vergil story

6. 2501
    2501
    December 31, 2016 at 2:24 pm

Sparda having his own game would be a great change of pace for the DMC series. It’s about time for something like that if you ask me.

7. Jumanji Joe
    Jumanji Joe
    December 31, 2016 at 2:26 pm

I just want more Uncle Dante going absolutely cruuuuurazy on demons while eating pizza.

8. bimmyz
    bimmyz
    December 31, 2016 at 2:27 pm

the world could use a quality hack and slash game, just no Ninja Theory plz

9. TylorW
    TylorW
    December 31, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Would anyone be disappointed if the Mo-cap thing was so they could put an updated version of Dante (as in DMC4 with the gear from it) as well as introduce Nero in MvCI?

10. King of Zeroes
    King of Zeroes
    December 31, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Here’s hoping for a new installment of Dragons Dogma. Fucking loved that game.

We don’t just ride the dragon here. We fucking SURF that shit!

11. CRES
    CRES
    December 31, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Well it’s better than a Pachiko game.

12. Etherblaze
    Etherblaze
    December 31, 2016 at 5:20 pm

Itsuno does good stuff. Will probably be interested even if it’s not DMC5

13. Casey
    Casey
    December 31, 2016 at 5:28 pm

DMC: Devil May Cry, or Devil May Cry 4?

If you’re referring to DMC, that wasn’t done by Itsuno. That was done by the retards at Ninja Theory who don’t understand what a character action game is and blamed their failure on “fanboys who were mad because we changed his hair.” and not because they’re total ass.

14. Chris Mendivil
    Chris Mendivil
    December 31, 2016 at 5:50 pm

I would be happy with either, but DD had so many awesome things in spite of its flaws. I would pay just to see the evolution of the magic cannon alone.

15. MegaGoat
    MegaGoat
    December 31, 2016 at 5:53 pm

I’m still waiting for Dragon’s Dogma PS4 Edition

16. 2501
    2501
    December 31, 2016 at 6:12 pm

I’m most likely in the minority here…

but i had more fun playing DmC than DMC4.

17. Casey
    Casey
    December 31, 2016 at 7:13 pm

DMC wasn’t a BAD game, it was great in some spots, it just wasn’t Devil May Cry. Most character action games like Bayonetta and the previous Devil May Cry games are about “style” and pushing yourself to do better and more interesting things.

In DMC, they did things like the color coded enemies that basically said “Halt! Only style this way!” which totally ruins what that game is about. There’s some other fundamental misunderstandings as to what the DMC series is in that game, but that’s the biggest one.

Oh and Virgil being a complete wimp was insanely stupid. The whole idea of the Virgil/rival character is that they’re better than you, it gives you something to strive for. If they make him crap from the getgo, it ruins the inevitable fight later.

And yeah, I prefer DMC 3 over 4, though Bayonetta and Platinum’s later games really evolved the character action genre. in a way that I think Capcpom might have a hard time topping or even getting close to.

18. Audie Bakerson
    Audie Bakerson
    December 31, 2016 at 7:23 pm

For anyone confused by the next year/this year, it’s already 2017 in Nippon.

19. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    December 31, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Dragon’s Dogma 2?

20. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    December 31, 2016 at 10:21 pm

Kamiya has been begging to work on that for a while, I don’t think they need him (assuming they continue the improvements of DMC3 – not so much DMC4, style switching aside) but it would be cool.

21. No_Good_Names_Ever
    No_Good_Names_Ever
    December 31, 2016 at 11:03 pm

Capcom will be there to cut it down to size!

22. Ninjagai
    Ninjagai
    December 31, 2016 at 11:40 pm

Would prefer Devil May Cry over Dragon’s Dogma.

January 1, 2017 at 2:13 am

That would be crap, but not unexpected from Capcom.

January 1, 2017 at 2:15 am

To this day that was the most suicidal marketing campaign I’ve ever seen.

January 1, 2017 at 2:19 am

I would like to see DMC5, but I’m also kind of worried given Capcom’s current state. Hopefully they won’t mess it up, but I’ll keep my expectations low.

26. SuuLoliBoob
    SuuLoliBoob
    January 1, 2017 at 4:04 am

>And yeah, I prefer DMC 3 over 4, though Bayonetta and Platinum’s later games really evolved the character action genre

Wait… Bayonetta WASN’T the sequel to DMC 3 and was a standalone game?!

But seriously, they also made Bayonette a great character with her witty banter that rivals Dante. It would totally be badass if they did a crossover game (Using DMC 3/4 Dante) and shit, now i’m gonna disappoint myself when they never do it!

27. 2501
    2501
    January 1, 2017 at 6:12 am

Bayonetta 2 had a similar playstyle limitation where certain enemies would automatically break out of your combo after a specific amount of hits but you could argue that it forces you to adapt by using baiting tactics. I do agree though that the colour coded enemies did feel like a cheap way to enforce limits on you.

I wouldn’t really doubt Itsuno though, he was a fighting game designer so it’s no wounder why DMC3 had such a huge focus on frame data. I think he did more to evolve the character action genre than Kamiya. The problem is that the design of the classic DMC games is dated, if you ask me the new game needs to ditch them “red doors” and be more seamless with style switching.

28. 2501
    2501
    January 1, 2017 at 12:41 pm

I would love it if they would design a 2-slot mechanic for the style switching, much like your gun and sword arm equips. Like being able to switch from Swordmaster to Royal Guard in a single press. Anything but the bloody D-pad.

29. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    January 1, 2017 at 8:33 pm

The D-Pad supports 5 styles at the moment though with the standard controls making Swordmaster to Royal Guard literally one press (Right for the former and Down for the latter).

I do agree with more options if someone wanted a button to cycle through exclusively two styles but the default controls seem borderline perfect to me at least till we get more buttons on conventional controllers (the PS4’s thing isn’t great). While Nero has a lot of spare buttons, Dante uses every single one even if I wouldn’t mind the option to mix things up.

30. Casey
    Casey
    January 2, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Since you’re obviously too blinded by your hatred for an albeit shitty “developer”, allow me to spoon feed you.

Inafune was just acting as a talking head in that interview as it’s the only thing he’s good at, He didn’t develop it, Ninja Theory developed the game. Inafune has fucked enough stuff up for us to point and laugh at without making things up.

31. TsukuyomiMagi99
    TsukuyomiMagi99
    January 2, 2017 at 6:33 pm

Yes, Ninja Theory made the game. Under Capcom of Japan’s direction with Inafune as the head. Where do think the idea to redesign Dante came from? Yes Ninja Theory are assholes but some of the blame goes towards Capcom as well.

32. Casey
    Casey
    January 2, 2017 at 7:07 pm

Well, shit. If we’re going to talk about THAT dark chapter of Capcom history, we need to mention Remember Me, (which ironically very few people do) Resident Evil 6, Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor, Operation Raccoon City, Bionic Commando (2009), Dark Void, Spyborgs, and the dumbing down of the Dead Rising and Lost Planet franchises.

It’s so sad how we went from the Capgod era to the Capcpom era, and it’s utterly baffling how it was probably only a handful of people like Inafune that brought us there. The blame also has to fall on the bean counters who predicted that Dragon’s Dogma would sell as well as Skyrim. Similar idiots told the people at Square-enix that Tomb Raider 2012 would sell Call of duty numbers.

Gah, Went too long there, but late last generation turned out to be a very sad time for Japanese devs.

33. PixelBuff
    PixelBuff
    January 3, 2017 at 11:39 am

Would love a new DMC, but…current day Capcom is garbage. And DMC4 was terrible, they’d have to really up their game if they want to put out a hack and slash that can compete with Bayonetta.

34. Jokerino ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ
    Jokerino ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ
    January 4, 2017 at 12:52 am

DmC 2 or DMC 5, give me whichever one you got!! I want to see a return of the hack n slash genre, I know Nier and Hellblade are coming but I need more combos. I just hope it doesn’t turn into a narrative game with mediocre gameplay like TLoU (story is great) *coughGOW4cough*. I’ll keep my expectations in check.