Rumor: New Prey Game to Resurface at E3 2016

We’ve learned (via NeoGAF) that Prey 2 may be seeing another day at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo.

The news comes via Kotaku’s Jason Schreier, who said:

“All I’ve heard is that they’re announcing it at E3!” Schreir said in a comment. “I’m not 100-percent sure, though. I do know it’s codenamed ‘Danielle’ and under development at Arkane Austin. And this is a totally new Prey 2 (it might even be called something else now), not the one we saw in 2011 from Human Head.”

It’s worth mentioning Prey fan site Alien Noire (which has also reported on rumors) is also pointing towards an E3 2016 reveal.

The game was officially cancelled by publisher Bethesda Softworks back in October of 2014, with rumors of the game experiencing development woes. Following this, rumors pointing toward Arkane Studios’ Austin team picking up whatever is left of the project.

, , ,

1. Al Goreman
    Al Goreman
    May 11, 2016 at 9:50 am

Wow i thought this was dead

2. djluke_1993
    djluke_1993
    May 11, 2016 at 10:20 am

See this is why games shouldn’t have that stupid to be continued shit…

May 11, 2016 at 10:35 am

Jason “Objectivity is a silly thing to strive for” Schreier? I don’t believe it.

4. Zanard Bell
    Zanard Bell
    May 11, 2016 at 10:37 am

“I’m not 100% sure…”

This is how we sum up the entire career of Jason Schreier. Otherwise, I am truly excited for another Prey, as it was the Doom game that we deserve.

5. Bitterbear
    Bitterbear
    May 11, 2016 at 10:43 am

Bethesda barring him from attending their E3 event in 3.. 2.. 1..

6. Siveon
    Siveon
    May 11, 2016 at 11:09 am

If it’s not about Space Cowboy Bounty Hunters in Space then I don’t care.

7. Ephrain Estrella
    Ephrain Estrella
    May 11, 2016 at 11:12 am

I couldn’t believe he said that.

8. Lepito
    Lepito
    May 11, 2016 at 11:29 am

Fuck you, Bethesda. Human Head deserved that game.

9. Some furf
    Some furf
    May 11, 2016 at 11:36 am

This is the level of reporting we’re getting from Niche Gamer now? “NeoGAF says that Kotaku says that Jason fucking Schreier thinks there’s a new game, but he’s not 100% sure.”

May 11, 2016 at 11:49 am

If its true to the original gimme if not it can stay dead.

May 11, 2016 at 11:58 am

Kotaku – you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

12. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    May 11, 2016 at 12:17 pm

Polygon.It’s worse in any conceivable way.

13. Galbador
    Galbador
    May 11, 2016 at 2:18 pm

I believe NOTHING without a piece of proof, because the news of the cancelation for the second part almost killed me. I wanted a second game, because the first game was AMAZING!!! I want to see a second game, but I don’t believe NeoGAF.

Pic or it didn’t happen!

14. Juhata
    Juhata
    May 11, 2016 at 2:24 pm

Even if it’s true, I have no interest in a gutted fish.
    The Prey 2 we saw at 2011 looked amazing, and I’m certain that the supposed new one will be shit.

15. InfectedAI
    InfectedAI
    May 11, 2016 at 2:34 pm

If it’s not by Human Head I honestly don’t care. I like Arkane, Dark Messiah is great, but I’m not very interested in a Prey game from them. Human Head blew me away with what they did and I wanted to see where they were taking the story. Prey by someone else isn’t Prey to me.

Now I’m going to reinstall it, it’s been much too long.

16. InfectedAI
    InfectedAI
    May 11, 2016 at 2:35 pm

I completely agree. They did something special and the build they showed off for Prey 2 looked fantastic. I have no interest in this.

17. InfectedAI
    InfectedAI
    May 11, 2016 at 2:37 pm

I hear you. I was crushed when Prey 2 was canceled. Even if it’s true they’re putting a different developer on it so it won’t be the same though.

18. Galbador
    Galbador
    May 11, 2016 at 2:44 pm

To be honest, I had problems to make a connection to what they showed as Prey 2, because it looks nothing like Prey. The only thing that connected the two stories was the plane crash in the sphere. I actually thought, you would fight as the new dude or dudette in the sphere, but being a Space Marshal looked odd to me.

Now, however, I wish we would had this game. This news really pains me so much.

19. InfectedAI
    InfectedAI
    May 11, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Your character also ran into Tommy from the first game at some points in the game. Prey 2 was supposed to explore more of the alien side as a human bounty hunter living among them while unraveling what happened with Tommy.

20. GrimFate
    GrimFate
    May 17, 2016 at 5:39 pm

Pretty sure the Prey 2 they were originally making had nothing to do with the first one, but that MIGHT have changed…

21. GrimFate
    GrimFate
    May 17, 2016 at 5:41 pm

If you’re going to start putting effort into the Prey IP again, how about you generate some buzz by, I don’t know, RELEASING THE ORIGINAL ON STEAM!

May 18, 2016 at 12:09 am

Yeah it sounded way to changed for me.

23. GrimFate
    GrimFate
    May 18, 2016 at 12:34 am

Yeah, I hate when they do that. If developers wants to make a game that is based on an existing game but want to do something quite different with it, they should make it a spin off and not a main game. And if they want to do something that in no way resembles the original, just call it something else and start a new IP!