Ray Gigant is Now Available in the West on PS Vita

[springboard type=”video” id=”1628107″ player=”nchg001″ width=”600″ height=”350″ ]

Acttil has released the Experience-developed dungeon RPG, Ray Gigant.

The game is now available in North America and Europe for PS Vita, and it’s also compatible with PlayStation TV. If you’re looking to pick the game up, it costs $29.99 / €29,99.

Acttil celebrated the release of the dungeon RPG by sharing a new trailer with us, which you can view above.

1. Chocolate ISISCream
    Chocolate ISISCream
    May 4, 2016 at 11:02 am

A digital only title on a platform that requires proprietary memory cards. Looks like I’m skipping this one.

2. Smug
    Smug
    May 4, 2016 at 11:04 am

Westerners will always get fucked no matter what

On a related note, God Eater is about to be censored in the West too.

3. Joel Leonheart
    Joel Leonheart
    May 4, 2016 at 11:36 am

Well that suck’s :/

4. Smug
    Smug
    May 4, 2016 at 11:40 am

“and it’s because of the ratings board?”
    Pretty sure this is the same bullshit excuse Atlus, NISA, etc. used in the past.

Remember the game has also english dubs only, so they’re actually trying to appeal the normalfags/casualfags to the franchise.

5. JohnnyCageFan2
    JohnnyCageFan2
    May 4, 2016 at 11:41 am

I like the art style and secluded environment (in the vid I watched). Saw ‘Bandai Namco’ and had bad feelings. Read ‘digital only’, should’ve known.

6. Chocolate ISISCream
    Chocolate ISISCream
    May 4, 2016 at 11:54 am

Yeah I know it’s bullshit and I’m fucking sick of it.

“Remember the game has also english dubs only, so this is actually more an appeal to bring the normalfags/casualfags.”

Funny that you say this. It’s true, but it also makes the censorship decisions for Tokyo Mirage Sessions complete fucking asinine. Being the Japanese only idolmaster shit that it is, what hopes do they have for acquiring an installbase consisting of anything other than weeaboos? And their only likely fanbase appreciates uncensored content.

Fortunately it doesn’t even have “Fire Emblem” in its name (though it does have FE), which will add to its obscurity and possibly jeopardize sales from normies. That is a game in particular that I want to crash and burn to the fucking ground.

7. alterku
    alterku
    May 4, 2016 at 12:02 pm

It’s been so easy to skip digital only releases lately.

8. Demias
    Demias
    May 4, 2016 at 1:33 pm

I understand Dungeon RPGs have a place, but good lord that’s the one genre I really can’t seem to care about, it’s even digital only. Wew. It’s unfortunate that that seems to be the entirety of the Vita library.

9. Siveon
    Siveon
    May 4, 2016 at 2:40 pm

Well, as a guy that likes Dungeon Crawlers, I can safely say this one is pretty much just a pretty face. It’s like Demon Gaze if it was even more casual-oriented with even less characters.

May 4, 2016 at 2:52 pm

I can recommend Severed despite being digital only. It has dungeon crawler elements and a really unique touch control based combat. Check it out if you can tolerate that.

May 4, 2016 at 2:53 pm

I currently have enough dungeon crawlers to play with Severed and Stranger of Sword City, so this digital only release doesn’t really tempt me.

May 4, 2016 at 6:30 pm

The one good idea the OUYA had was requiring demos… well until they dropped that said requirement.

13. alterku
    alterku
    May 5, 2016 at 11:50 am

I hear you, but I hate motion controls, so it’s definitely on the easily skipped list.

May 5, 2016 at 3:37 pm

There are no motion controls, just touch, which is surprisingly well implemented, but that’s a respectable opinion.

15. alterku
    alterku
    May 6, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Shit, my bad, must have been having a rough day. Meant touch.

May 6, 2016 at 4:00 pm