New Interpretation Stranger of Sword City is Revealed for PS Vita

new interpretation stranger of sword city 05-02-16-1

In a bid to create even more confusing game titles, Japanese developer Experience has revealed (via Games Talk) New Interpretation Stranger of Sword City at their 10 year anniversary event in Akihabara.

The new game will be coming to PS Vita on July 21st in Japan, and it comes with a whole host of updates and additions. Chief among these additions are the new character Elsa from the developer Students of the Round series, who appears during a dungeon event, as well as the new Clocker and Puppeteer classes – for a total of 11 classes in comparison to the original version.

There’s also a new guard counter system, new event scenarios, various balances and tweaks from user feedback, and more.

1. Shiggy Diggy Doo
    Shiggy Diggy Doo
    May 2, 2016 at 2:38 pm

Well, good thing I didn’t buy the original

2. Tubsiwub
    Tubsiwub
    May 2, 2016 at 2:38 pm

We just got the game and there’s already a new one? Granted, we didn’t get this new one ‘yet’… but if they decided to bring it West it’ll make everyone who bought the original feel really bad.

3. alterku
    alterku
    May 2, 2016 at 2:48 pm

The original feels pretty complete to me, so I don’t think I need to play this one.

Edit: Fuck updated versions of the same game in the ass. This trend is disgusting and needs to stop. All this does is encourage more people to wait before buying a game in a genre they support.

4. Smug
    Smug
    May 2, 2016 at 2:51 pm

The whole “definitive version” push is quite annoying, and often make buying console games right at their releases completely useless.

5. benzene
    benzene
    May 2, 2016 at 2:58 pm

The Delta Kiwami Rage Burst Ignition Ace version is pretty much expected for every Vita game. I’d add from Japan, but that’s every Vita game.

6. Shiggy Diggy Doo
    Shiggy Diggy Doo
    May 2, 2016 at 3:28 pm

And worst part is I want Soul Sacrifice but there’s no physical Delta copy.

May 2, 2016 at 3:34 pm

I recently started the original and it’s decent, but a bit unforgiving. Even the very first dungeon is full with “fuck you” traps and monsters. I don’t think I’ll go for this updated version.

May 2, 2016 at 3:38 pm

I really don’t think Estival Versus will have a complete edition. None of the other games in the series did and they had roughly the same amount of DLC.

9. blackice85
    blackice85
    May 2, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Agreed, I think they may hurt sales this way, as they’re just teaching people to wait. And the longer they wait, the more likely they may lose interest altogether.

10. Chocolate ISISCream
    Chocolate ISISCream
    May 2, 2016 at 3:45 pm

Wow that’s pretty fucking soon. Do the developers even think before doing shit like this?

11. Siveon
    Siveon
    May 2, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Sadly that’s the case for many Vita games. Hell the entire Atelier series is digital.

12. Smug
    Smug
    May 2, 2016 at 4:04 pm

Estival Versus has a Japan-exclusive complete edition on PS4 (that added all the updates and patches on-disc, including the kiss the girls feature), and I’m less or more waiting if Marvelous is planning to release it on Vita too.

13. Smug
    Smug
    May 2, 2016 at 4:06 pm

Considering it’s one of the very rare games where I actually enjoy the dub, yeah.

No way I’m going to spend over 80 euros for a single copy though. The jp copy is like a lot cheaper in comparison

May 2, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Does the Sakura Edition have all the DLC costumes/characters? As far as I know they just included the updates, which are free anyway, and the 5 Sakura costumes.

15. Smug
    Smug
    May 2, 2016 at 4:18 pm

No I believe the DLC characters still have to be bought, but the characters and kiss feature added from the updates were directly on-disc however

May 2, 2016 at 4:28 pm

Then I wouldn’t personally put it with the other complete editions, given that the only incentive to get this version is just a couple of extra costumes that you can buy with the main game.

17. Chocolate ISISCream
    Chocolate ISISCream
    May 2, 2016 at 6:57 pm

There exists an asian english hard copy.

18. Sylveria Shini
    Sylveria Shini
    May 2, 2016 at 8:51 pm

Yeah… this is the kind of shit that should be an update patch or at worst like a $5-10 DLC bundle.

19. ReaperX30
    ReaperX30
    May 2, 2016 at 10:37 pm

I read somewhere that owners of the original can update the game to the new one for a price. I think it was 1800 yen or something like that. I hope the update comes here.

20. Celerity
    Celerity
    May 2, 2016 at 10:45 pm

So I heard a rumor that Vita prices would drop soon, so I waited. And now they do a Scholar of the First Sin.

Can someone explain why in the actual FUCK game developers are so hell bent on punishing people for being excited about buying their products?

21. Pillbugable
    Pillbugable
    May 3, 2016 at 12:43 am

For some, that price includes a Playstation Vita system! Hyuk hyuk hyuk

22. Nagato
    Nagato
    May 3, 2016 at 2:35 am

Even worse: it encourages fans of dying genres to just let the games die instead.

23. Nagato
    Nagato
    May 3, 2016 at 2:40 am

When companies admit defeat on expanding their audience through reasonable means, they instead double down on milking their current (often fanatical) customers for every last cent they’re worth.

24. thatguyEZ
    thatguyEZ
    May 3, 2016 at 3:25 am

So, wait. Is this an update? DLC? Or is this an actually full game with a few new characters added? Because I’ve really been enjoying the game, it really gets at my Etrian Odyssey fix. But I would’ve probably waited for this version, though I must admit that I’ve been really satisfied with the collector’s edition.