Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced

Infinity Ward has announced the next Call of Duty game. After Exo suits and Parkour, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare has taken then next logical step: Space.

Besides the familiar Exo enhanced ground combat from previous titles the players are used to, we now have the chance to board spaceships and pilot them in space dogfights. Remains to be seen is if the player will have to suffer listening to the bad quality “Space Oddity” cover from the trailer.

Select editions of Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare will come with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, a Remaster HD version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, which includes the full campaign and 10 Multiplayer maps.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will be released on November 4, 2016 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

, , ,
Diogo Teixeira

A gamer since a young age, starting with oldies such as the IBM 386, Atari, and Commodore 64. A Portuguese guy with a tendency for snappy and witty remarks. Also harbors an obsession for adventure games.

1. Vagineer1
    Vagineer1
    May 2, 2016 at 8:46 am

Bad quality Space Oddity cover? That sounded kickass. What are you guys on about?

2. Extrange
    Extrange
    May 2, 2016 at 8:51 am

ehhhh, sorry, but I would rather get the original . I’m just an oldfag, though, what the fuck do I know?

3. Vagineer1
    Vagineer1
    May 2, 2016 at 8:55 am

I just bought the original. Though personally I like the rock cover of this aswell. It suits the action filled trailer more than the original would to me.

4. Chino Gambino
    Chino Gambino
    May 2, 2016 at 9:09 am

Its uncanny how everything moves in the same clumsy way it did back in COD4, you can tell its cod straight away, nothing has any weight to it.

5. Master Bating
    Master Bating
    May 2, 2016 at 9:11 am

Trailer is great as always, too bad the gane itself will be nothing but the same game as last year.

Linear generic boring shooter with heavily scripted control removing cutscenes, and 5 minute long setpieces that show mechanics never used again.

What pisses me off is that there are sparks of creativity in these games, but they are stunted and poorly executed just to follow the same goddamn formula.

6. SoapyEyes
    SoapyEyes
    May 2, 2016 at 9:16 am

Hyper Super Call of Duty Champion Edition Turbo

7. Neojames82
    Neojames82
    May 2, 2016 at 9:58 am

So it is Call Of Halo now eh? Only took them about 16 years…

8. Psyramics
    Psyramics
    May 2, 2016 at 10:11 am

Remember when this used to be a WW2 shooter? One of the better ones?

9. LostGryphon
    LostGryphon
    May 2, 2016 at 10:20 am

I’m…I’m positive I just saw a Pelican.

Yeah, 2:03. Halo’s Pelican. Like the exact same design.

10. Sapph
    Sapph
    May 2, 2016 at 10:28 am

Announcement at the end: Look, we’re so positive you’ll buy this game that we’re also including a game that you could be playing right now on your PC (Or, possibly, your XB1, if we gave the okay to).

11. Azure
    Azure
    May 2, 2016 at 10:51 am

Should’ve just added an alien invasion instead. Except more on the lines of a parallel universe humans from pluto or something where their tech evolved from steam power or something I dunno just make it interesting.

12. ashikenshin
    ashikenshin
    May 2, 2016 at 11:00 am

Will it feature the covenant and master chief? Hopefully there will be aliens and shit in this. Might be the first Call of Duty I buy since Modern Warfare.

13. Dave
    Dave
    May 2, 2016 at 11:03 am

So Halo is turning into Call of Duty, and Call of Duty is turning into Halo.
    Surprisingly, I’m not mad about this.

May 2, 2016 at 11:44 am

Exosuits are ruining the games, I wanted the other 2 studios making cod titles to do their own things not all crawl up each others assholes.

15. Uncle Ocelot
    Uncle Ocelot
    May 2, 2016 at 12:16 pm

This looks pretty cool, but it’ll probably still be the same old CoD (now with exosuits) with another coat of paint.

16. Nagato
    Nagato
    May 2, 2016 at 12:16 pm

“Besides the familiar Exo enhanced ground combat from previous titles”

Going by has been told and shown so far, this is pretty clearly another “boots on the ground” kind of game, like the pre-Advanced Warfare/Titanfall ones.

Despite the title and apparently more futuristic setting, Infinite Warfare seems surprisingly grounded; it features ordinary soldiers using conventional weaponry, all the way up to the space battles using ballistic cannons rather than more sci-fi laser beams.

17. tccboss
    tccboss
    May 2, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Looks like a fun rental.

18. catazxy
    catazxy
    May 2, 2016 at 1:02 pm

meh

19. Lepito
    Lepito
    May 2, 2016 at 3:45 pm

Every year a new CoD comes out and “diehard fans” fondly remember the game that came out 3 years prior as “the best in the series” bitching about how the series is only getting worse with time and how this new one is definitively “ruining” a series that was never particularly remarkable to begin with. Then they all preorder the new game and its season pass anyway. If it isn’t this series it’s some other dead horse like Battlefield.

Meanwhile the FPS genre has been dead for years thanks to its mad rush to put out the prettiest, most glamorous regurgitated Skinner box ahead of the competition.

May 2, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Who’s Murica fighting in this – Space Russia or Space Korea?

21. Jumanji Joe
    Jumanji Joe
    May 2, 2016 at 3:52 pm

I like how the CoD 4 remaster has less maps than the original did at launch.

22. Fear Me I Am Free
    Fear Me I Am Free
    May 2, 2016 at 3:56 pm

I really enjoyed COD4. Watch more people play the multiplayer for COD4RM than Infinite Warfare.

23. Fear Me I Am Free
    Fear Me I Am Free
    May 2, 2016 at 3:57 pm

As long as they have Crash and Shipment, I’m good.

24. bdp
    bdp
    May 2, 2016 at 4:18 pm

Is it sad that this looks better than Halo and Destiny?

25. Jumanji Joe
    Jumanji Joe
    May 2, 2016 at 4:23 pm

Encouraging Jewish business practices is never okay.

26. Kaijuu
    Kaijuu
    May 2, 2016 at 5:30 pm

Well, I think the further this series tries to stray from reality the better. Except for its first few games, Call of Duty has never did anything grounded in realism well, and perhaps jumping the space shark will let them try some more unique and interesting ideas.

I couldn’t write that without laughing. Of course it’s just going to be literally the exact same Call of Duty formula but in space. At least Battlefront players might have a space game that isn’t dead a month after release.

27. Neojames82
    Neojames82
    May 2, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Wow really??? So you get less of the game than the original version….YEAH THAT MAKES SENSE

28. Jofe
    Jofe
    May 2, 2016 at 7:43 pm

It may be so. Though in my personal opinion the -something- Warfare series jumped shark on the second one, when they saw they needed something to shock people in a similar way to the nuke in CoD 4. Still, color me interested because of the theme, but most probably will be just like the rest of the games.

29. CRES
    CRES
    May 2, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Remember when Call of Duty was FPS set in World War II?

30. a random person on the interne
    a random person on the interne
    May 3, 2016 at 12:18 am

Halo is nothing like call of duty. Halo 5 is halos version of a modern shooter and sticks to the core of halo. Now halo 4 on the other hand that is call of duty(multiplayer). Halo 5 single player they kinda fucked up and made it very simular to halo 2.