Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization Set for Fall 2016 Western Release

sword art online hollow realization 12-23-15-37

Bandai Namco has announced the release window for Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization in the west.

The Aquria-developed game will launch in both North America and Europe sometime this fall, for PlayStation 4 and PC.

1. Master Bating
    Master Bating
    April 22, 2016 at 1:48 pm

PC?

Wasnt expecting that.

All I want is JoJo and Gundam thought.

2. Siveon
    Siveon
    April 22, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Snore.

3. Brownninja97 .
    Brownninja97 .
    April 22, 2016 at 2:39 pm

The game has to be radically different to the anime if it wishes to be remotely enjoyable. Why? maybe because the anime fails to show you a lot of what its like in their universe(s).

4. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    April 22, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Log Horizon is way better at explaining the game aspects.

5. scemar
    scemar
    April 22, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Yeah, the PC port caught me by surprise too.

But good move I guess, SAO is a popular brand and PC ha a great userbase.

6. CDan
    CDan
    April 22, 2016 at 3:44 pm

Oponions on Lost Song? Worth buying for Vita or PS4? I found HF addictive, if that helps.

7. landlock
    landlock
    April 22, 2016 at 3:56 pm

looks good.

both God Eater games are out in August as well.

8. subnet
    subnet
    April 22, 2016 at 3:57 pm

a shame that god eater is eng dub only

9. landlock
    landlock
    April 22, 2016 at 4:03 pm

I always play my games in English anyway so that’s not a thing for me. I’ve only ever played two games with truly awful dubs.

10. Longtooth
    Longtooth
    April 22, 2016 at 4:23 pm

PC? Yess I am definitely getting this now.

11. Eldhin Hellknight
    Eldhin Hellknight
    April 22, 2016 at 4:24 pm

PC??!!! Ohhhhh shit this is a really nice surprice for me

12. Eldhin Hellknight
    Eldhin Hellknight
    April 22, 2016 at 4:25 pm

Hopefully, that will be modded

13. Guin
    Guin
    April 22, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Ironic since LH has yet to have a game adaptation. Though from the looks of it, it would just be a WoW clone.

14. Guin
    Guin
    April 22, 2016 at 4:41 pm

I don’t care if it’s the cool thing to hate on SAO. I’m legitimately interested in this.

15. Eldhin Hellknight
    Eldhin Hellknight
    April 22, 2016 at 4:48 pm

Could it be that you’ve written “PC” instead of “PS Vita”?

16. Master Bating
    Master Bating
    April 22, 2016 at 5:20 pm

Yeah, that seems to be the case.
    PS Vita isnt listed here and theres no source on a PC version.

Bummer

17. Yamato
    Yamato
    April 22, 2016 at 6:33 pm

Sword Art Online is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be, I started reading the novels before the anime even came out and I can honestly say for time constraints the anime didn’t do a bad job. I’ve seen much worse anime and I found SAO entertaining and that’s all I really look for when I watch anime so I agree with your statement lol.

18. Brownninja97 .
    Brownninja97 .
    April 22, 2016 at 7:38 pm

if its a vanilla Wow clone then it would be a massive success.

19. GamersBlogX
    GamersBlogX
    April 22, 2016 at 9:42 pm

It seems that some of the VA’s from Burst are back, and they’re pretty decent. I’m more waiting to see what voices are changed.

20. GamersBlogX
    GamersBlogX
    April 22, 2016 at 9:53 pm

I’d expect more of a Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn clone. I mean, its seems more fitting then WoW.

21. Guin
    Guin
    April 22, 2016 at 9:56 pm

FFXIV is pretty much WoW with an FF skin. In a better world, we’d have it be like XI, but a game like that can’t survive nowadays.

22. GamersBlogX
    GamersBlogX
    April 22, 2016 at 10:25 pm

FFXIV ARR isn’t really a WoW reskin though. I’d be lying if I said it didn’t borrow ideas from WoW, but calling it a WoW with an FF skin is just incorrect. If anything its a mashup of various MMO ideas to make one outstanding game.

23. Guin
    Guin
    April 22, 2016 at 11:15 pm

Gear treadmill and instance fests pretty much qualify as WoW clones under my radar. This is coming from a guy who played ARR since closed Beta. The ride was good, but I feel like it’s losing focus on what it wants to be as an MMO.

24. GamersBlogX
    GamersBlogX
    April 22, 2016 at 11:22 pm

Personally I don’t see it. To me, it feels better then any MMO out currently, and I think that its just getting better.

25. Minuteworld92
    Minuteworld92
    April 22, 2016 at 11:31 pm

SAO WAS ONLY GOOD FOR THE FIRST 14 EPISODES DAILY REMINDER

26. Minuteworld92
    Minuteworld92
    April 22, 2016 at 11:35 pm

i-is this really coming to pc?

27. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    April 22, 2016 at 11:57 pm

If they made a MMO after it it would be way better than WoW I think.Mainly because it looks really hard.And it has some cool features.Like the ability to drop your level.

28. todd
    todd
    April 23, 2016 at 12:53 am

Fairy Dance was not that bad and from even though I am not done with it yet Phantom Bullet is good.

29. todd
    todd
    April 23, 2016 at 1:01 am

I have it on PS4 so I would get it on PS4 unless you plan on traveling a lot and want to play it. As for Lost Song it is not as good as Hollow Fragment and it is made by a different developer. The game play isn’t as fluid and there is no conflict within the games story. The ALO incident from the novel/anime never happened and when the game starts all the characters have beaten the vanilla ALO and getting ready to start the new expansion.

The game is basically going to these new areas and going through different dungeons until you find the boss. There is a grassy field stage, desert stage,and ice stage with all the same enemies and dungeon lay outs. The final stage is a dark world stage with a little difference too it. There is a little story though in terms of character interactions and there is this 12 year old Russian American who is a idol/scientist in Japan and using ALO to promote VR and science and Kirito wants to know more about her and her guild.

Overall I say get it if you love Sword Art Online, but don’t expect Hollow Fragment quality. This new game coming out though is made by the same people who did HF and not LS.

30. todd
    todd
    April 23, 2016 at 1:02 am

A lot of anime games are getting PC releases now.

31. CDan
    CDan
    April 23, 2016 at 1:05 am

Its not like I liked SAOs charas or story, I just really liked HF gameplay. Thanks. Will wait for a sale.

32. EnzerPyro
    EnzerPyro
    April 23, 2016 at 2:32 am

Y’know this game isn’t getting a PC release, I’m taking this as a typo

33. Sunny11
    Sunny11
    April 23, 2016 at 6:29 am

Clickbait

34. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    April 23, 2016 at 12:23 pm

Some people find entertainment in bashing what’s popular. Mainly because they can get a rise of a large group of people very fast.

35. GamersBlogX
    GamersBlogX
    April 23, 2016 at 5:21 pm

You’re being way to generous here. I’d say the first arc was OKAY at most, and even then it was only like half of the episodes in that arc that where interesting. The Phantom Bullet arc is about the same. ITS OKAY. Everything else is just BAD, the okay parts are not anything but okay, they aren’t good.

36. Guin
    Guin
    April 24, 2016 at 8:21 am

In SAO’s case, it’s gone to the point that the haters are the loud majority.

37. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    April 24, 2016 at 12:10 pm

It’s not just SAO.Mirai Nikki,Tokyo Ghoul,Attack on Titan and the longer ones One Piece,Naruto and Bleach.They all seem to attract this kind of hate. Ah yes.And now Kabaneri.
    Wasting your energy on stuff you hate is kinda pointless IMO.

38. Rid Vesalius
    Rid Vesalius
    April 24, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Duh, typo, this game is not coming to PC.

39. Maria Maasaa
    Maria Maasaa
    April 25, 2016 at 1:01 am

So because they are popular they have no flaws. I believe you two just have low standards.

40. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    April 25, 2016 at 1:43 am

Not at all.They are flawed.But not flawed enough to deserve this level of hate.

41. Maria Maasaa
    Maria Maasaa
    April 25, 2016 at 1:07 pm

Obviously it’s enough for people to not enjoy it. Maybe it’s just easier for you to overlook them. You should check out Digibro’s SAO videos.

42. alterku
    alterku
    April 25, 2016 at 1:10 pm

Waiting on word of a physical copy, especially for Vita.

43. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    April 25, 2016 at 1:31 pm

It’s not like I don’t understand hatred for a work of fiction.I do.because I hate Evangelion mostly the same way.But I usually ignore it’s existence.For the most part.I guess most people are a little more vocal than me.