Metroid Prime: Federation Force Western Release Dates Confirmed

metroid prime federation force 03-03-16-1

Nintendo has announced the release date for Metroid Prime: Federation Force.

The upcoming Nintendo 3DS squad-based shooter will be launching on August 19th in North America and on September 2nd in Europe.

Nintendo will have the game playable at this year’s PAX East, which goes down this weekend in Boston.

1. Offendatron_5000
    Offendatron_5000
    April 20, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Where are they…. I can’t seem to… Nope. I don’t have a fuck to give.

2. deadeye
    deadeye
    April 20, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Can’t wait for this to come out and for people to immediately forget about it.

3. Shiggy Diggy Doo
    Shiggy Diggy Doo
    April 20, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Hey maybe Nintendo can make a brand new game in 4 months

4. Azure
    Azure
    April 20, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Nuke the transport before it touches the shores.

5. DavidGX
    DavidGX
    April 20, 2016 at 3:39 pm

Can it… can it not be confirmed? It’s okay, Nintendo, you can keep this one…

6. NuclearKangaroo
    NuclearKangaroo
    April 20, 2016 at 3:57 pm

whats the matter guys, didnt you want a new metroid? :^)

April 20, 2016 at 4:05 pm

I wonder if this game’s apparent failure will further convince Nintendo not to make more Metroid games.

8. Minuteworld92
    Minuteworld92
    April 20, 2016 at 4:10 pm

time to break out the lego

9. Minuteworld92
    Minuteworld92
    April 20, 2016 at 4:12 pm

and maybe the localizers will start being faithful to the original script in a year.

10. scemar
    scemar
    April 20, 2016 at 4:47 pm

Being Nintendo, who seems ever more disconnected from the industry and its fans, yeah that seems likely.

11. scemar
    scemar
    April 20, 2016 at 4:47 pm

GET HYPE

SAID NO ONE
    EVER

12. West
    West
    April 20, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Finally, a Metroid game for a new generation. Nintendo might as well make this into a mobile game with exclusive touch controls.

13. Siveon
    Siveon
    April 20, 2016 at 5:21 pm

Aside from the fact that playing Space Marines in a Metroid game is the most boring fucking thing ever, I think the worst offense is putting this on the 3DS and making these serious soldiers SD.

So yeah, let’s forget this ever happened already.

14. MusouTensei
    MusouTensei
    April 20, 2016 at 6:01 pm

Not even in my Nintendo fanboy days I could have defended this.

15. NukeA6
    NukeA6
    April 20, 2016 at 7:13 pm

I’ll give Federation Force some words of optimism: at least it won’t flop as hard as Ghostbusters.

16. LaserCatsAreAwesome
    LaserCatsAreAwesome
    April 20, 2016 at 7:17 pm

They’ll either blindly defend it, say it’s the only way for Metroid to stay alive because REASONS, that you aren’t a “true fan” if you don’t love all things Metroid. I expect them to loudly try to tear down the influx of Metroid inspired games when this pile gets released while chugging the shit outta it’s kool-aid.

17. Dewey Defeats Truman
    Dewey Defeats Truman
    April 20, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Honestly I’d rather let sleeping dogs lie rather than dredge them up for zombies like this. Same with that powerpuff girls reboot or the ghostbusters one coming out soon.

18. Zombie_Barioth
    Zombie_Barioth
    April 20, 2016 at 7:25 pm

I can’t help but wonder how many of those fanboys are the same people pissed because they think Wind Waker HD and Hyrule Warriors are this gen’s Zelda games.

19. Guest
    Guest
    April 20, 2016 at 7:26 pm

I feel like video game companies need an employee who’s dedicated function is to tell them when they’re being fucking retarded. There are so, so many collossal fuck-ups in this industry that could have been prevented by one guy saying ‘no, fuck you, that’s stupid’.

20. Fandangle
    Fandangle
    April 20, 2016 at 7:35 pm

I’m split about it.

On one hand I want to buy it because it’s a passion project and the hate is completely unwarranted while on the other hand it’s NoA…

21. Eldhin Hellknight
    Eldhin Hellknight
    April 20, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Well, they don’t need to censor it, that’s why the will release it here.

22. Anon630
    Anon630
    April 20, 2016 at 7:59 pm

Is it exclusive for the bargain bin?

23. GamersBlogX
    GamersBlogX
    April 20, 2016 at 8:07 pm

To be honest I don’t think this game will be THAT bad. I wish we had at least an actual Metroid game come out, but this game seems to be getting a lot of unnecessary hate.

You can complain about not having a main series Metroid game after Other M, which was alright gameplay-wise with a terrible story, but don’t just blindly hate this game, at least wait until it comes out to pass judgement.

But just imagine how I feel as an F-Zero fan! ITS BEEN A LITTLE OVER ELEVEN YEARS SINCE THE LAST GAME ON THE GBA, and that game was Japan only. Imagine my pain, never seeing my precious Blue Falcon racing around in its own game for a whole eleven years, and probably longer.

24. iamDTS
    iamDTS
    April 20, 2016 at 9:47 pm

“To be honest I don’t think this game will be THAT bad”
    Be careful saying that around here son. I’m with you on that though.

25. No_Good_Names_Ever
    No_Good_Names_Ever
    April 20, 2016 at 10:33 pm

My only issue is the look.

26. ashikenshin
    ashikenshin
    April 20, 2016 at 11:19 pm

omg that’s the perfect representation of the metroid franchise ever. said no one ever

27. Thanatos2k
    Thanatos2k
    April 20, 2016 at 11:47 pm

When you thought they couldn’t give Metroid fans a bigger middle finger than Other M…

28. Thanatos2k
    Thanatos2k
    April 20, 2016 at 11:48 pm

“If you want a real Metroid game you have to buy this to show them there’s still interest for Metroid!”

I hate that fucking argument.

29. Thanatos2k
    Thanatos2k
    April 20, 2016 at 11:49 pm

Nintendo is idiotic, so there’s a 50/50 chance they’ll draw the wrong conclusions from anything.

30. Feniks
    Feniks
    April 21, 2016 at 12:09 am

Not like this

31. Daryl Corey
    Daryl Corey
    April 21, 2016 at 1:08 am

I cannot wait for this to come out and tank like a rock. They should never have slapped the Metroid name on it

32. Ethan Fox
    Ethan Fox
    April 21, 2016 at 4:03 am

The problem is that in isolation, it probably didn’t seem like a bad idea.

Nintendo wants its own Monster Hunter type co-op game? Not a bad idea.
    Nintendo wants this game to be on the 3DS. Not a bad idea.
    Nintendo wants to set the game in the Metroid universe. Not *in and of itself* a bad idea.

The only real problem is that they did the last bit when it has been a number of years since the last proper Metroid game – so people are upset (especially when the Metroid stuff was rumoured before the announcement of Freedom Force).

Personally I at least hope this will be a decent game outside of the whole Metroid thing. An action-y Monster Hunter FPS game for the 3DS could be pretty good.

33. Nagato
    Nagato
    April 21, 2016 at 6:01 am

Well, it’s not like they’ve released a proper Metroid game for over a decade now, so I’d say nothing changes either way.

34. TsukuyomiMagi99
    TsukuyomiMagi99
    April 21, 2016 at 12:59 pm

I was a fan of the original Powerpuff Girls and when I heard about this reboot I was actually stoked. When they announced it would focus a little more on the interpersonal realtionships between the girls I was okay with it a lil less action and some more character development is good right? Then I heard about this villian being a man robot and how he was just pandering to SJW’s I just threw my hands up and said fuck this. The original had clever writing and memorable writing this has none of that.

35. Generi-Kun-Senpai-Nenmãe
    Generi-Kun-Senpai-Nenmãe
    April 21, 2016 at 3:03 pm

A bit too early. they should have at least another direct to show more stuff to convince people to give it a chance (this game doesn’t deserve all the hate that it’s getting).

36. Joe
    Joe
    April 21, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Aren’t they?

37. Pico
    Pico
    April 21, 2016 at 3:43 pm

Is this toonami?

38. NuclearKangaroo
    NuclearKangaroo
    April 21, 2016 at 4:18 pm

you shouldve thought about that before using the monkey’s paw

39. Zombie_Barioth
    Zombie_Barioth
    April 21, 2016 at 5:46 pm

There’s no telling if they are, and the system is only a few years old. Did anybody seriously expect Skyward Sword to come out so late, or at all for that matter?

Its all just people putting the cart before the horse.

40. LaserCatsAreAwesome
    LaserCatsAreAwesome
    April 21, 2016 at 7:22 pm

It’s a real bullshit argument especially with Nintendo, New Super Mario sold a metric assload on Wii and DS but were Nintendo quick to put out sequels to it on those consoles? Fuck no because they’ve rather it be another one of those once a system games for reasons impossible to fathom.

41. SiliconNooB
    SiliconNooB
    April 22, 2016 at 12:10 pm

LOL, no.

42. SiliconNooB
    SiliconNooB
    April 22, 2016 at 12:12 pm

43. SiliconNooB
    SiliconNooB
    April 22, 2016 at 12:13 pm

Those kinds of shills are the worst kind of shills.