According to Steam spy, indie farming sim Stardew Valley has sold 542,874 copies on Steam alone since its release late last month. What’s more, 94% of the purchasers of the game were still logged as having played it in the past two weeks; a number that shows interest hasn’t died down much among the community.
- Score rank: 99% Userscore: 98% Metascore: 86%
- Owners: 542,874 ± 16,974
- Players in the last 2 weeks: 511,088 ± 16,470 (94.14%)
- Players total: 524,472 ± 16,684 (96.61%)
- Peak concurrent players yesterday: 43,750
- YouTube stats: 6,975,509 views and 47,790 comments for videos uploaded last week, over 50 new videos uploaded yesterday
- Playtime in the last 2 weeks: 22:00 (average) 14:12 (median)
- Playtime total: 23:50 (average) 15:16 (median)
Developed by one-man development team ConcernedApe (Eric Barone), Stardew Valley was a four year project intended to sharpen the developer’s programming skills while he looked for a job within the tech sector. With the game’s runaway success, he may no longer need it.
Thanks go to NeoGAF for the tip.