Independent developer Thing Trunk released the announcement trailer to their upcoming (And for now, PC only) action RPG Book Of Demons via their youtube channel yesterday, giving fans a glimpse at the game’s 2d paper-based theme. As the first game in their “Return 2 Games” series, Book Of Demons takes place in a world made completely of paper, which must make it hard to find any equipment with fire resistance.
- What makes Book of Demons stand out from the rest of fantasy hack & slash games are its many twists in the basic gameplay mechanics, paper cut-out graphics, unprecedented accessibility, and a dark theme intertwined with a fair dose of humor any fan of classic games should enjoy. The character system is built around a card system that supersedes and unifies items, skills, and spells. Current hack & slash games employ countless statistics that change the mechanics by a percentile in a continuous fashion. Book of Demons features multiple discrete player and monster mechanics that can be combined in a virtually infinite number of interesting ways to create near endless replayability.
- Paper cut-out graphics
- Upgradable card system that unifies items, spells, and skills
- Unique movement and fighting system for more strategic gameplay
- Flexiscope™ system that adjusts sessions size to players’ liking
- Endless end-game mode with 100+ challenges
- First truly accessible hack & slash
- Randomized dungeons
- Single-player campaign with 3 character classes
- 60+ different monster types
- Lots of humor
Thing Trunk has promised us that further details – as well as a more in-depth gameplay trailer – are forthcoming. Until that time comes, you can follow Book of Demons’ progress through the developer’s official website.