New Ghost in the Shell Tactical Shooter Now on Steam Early Access

ghost in the shell online 11-24-15-1

A new game based on the cult manga and anime franchise Ghost in the Shell has arrived on Steam Early Access. The game is a tactical, squad-based multiplayer first person shooter and it has a rather unweildy title Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex – First Assault Online.

For now, the game has five maps and three game modes, with more features planned for the future. Interestingly, while the Early Access version costs 5$, the full release will be free-to-play.

Unfortunately, it is going to feature microtransactions, although it is still unknown how much impact they’re going to have on gameplay (the developer’s previous game, Dungeon Fighter Online, has been both accused of being pay-to-win and praised for avoiding it).

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex – First Assault Online can be bought on Steam.

Maciej Miszczyk

I play games (I have a preference for old, weird and difficult ones but that's not the rule) and write articles about them that are sometimes a bit too long. Sometimes I also do things other than gaming, I swear.

1. Loli-Nox-Tan
    Loli-Nox-Tan
    December 15, 2015 at 9:28 am

The people complaining about Pay to Win are twisting the meaning of Pay to Win. Sure you do get some boosts when you spend some money but they’re negligible at best

2. Azure
    Azure
    December 15, 2015 at 9:31 am

Screw it i’ll pay £6 for a potentially crap game. It’s Ghost in the Shell so I’ll get something out of it at least.

3. Feniks
    Feniks
    December 15, 2015 at 10:07 am

*waves hand* This is not the kind of game you were looking for.

GitS deserves better.

4. Neojames82
    Neojames82
    December 15, 2015 at 10:21 am

To be fair, DFO wasn’t that bad on the P2W scene. In fact most of the game was versus the AI. Granted there was PVP as well but I usually avoided that part of the game anyway.

5. Casszune
    Casszune
    December 15, 2015 at 10:38 am

I was playing it all day yesterday and so far I’m not seeing pay to win. I guess buying the $15 early access pack(skins + 100K GP + 1 character) is the equivalent to starting at level 4 (you get 50k gp at lvl 2 + 1 character at lvl3 + 50k gp at lvl 4). You have to actually play the game to unlock weapons and attachments for purchase though.

6. vonSanneck
    vonSanneck
    December 15, 2015 at 10:46 am

Honestly even the Syndicate FPS seems to be better suited for the GitS license. My best choice for the game would have been something between Ghost Recon & Deus Ex: Human Revolution with leaning more towards the later. Or even E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

7. OSad
    OSad
    December 15, 2015 at 2:28 pm

>The item is currently unavailable in your region.

Nexon is still IP blocking their games for people outside the US, I see.

I was cautious about it, but for five dollars I’d give it a shot. Now I can’t even play it. First Vindictus, now this. Fuck you, Nexon.

8. XERW
    XERW
    December 15, 2015 at 6:50 pm

Now make a total conversion of XCOM2 with the game’s assets and we’re golden!

9. Viredae
    Viredae
    December 16, 2015 at 2:16 am

What else is new. Just hope it doesn’t gouge people with its MT system.

10. Azure
    Azure
    December 16, 2015 at 7:46 am

Yeah do not get it it is too unstable and actually screws with your monitor settings.

This should not be on early access.

11. vonSanneck
    vonSanneck
    December 16, 2015 at 7:51 am

And it’s barely functional. Minecraft release in a functional state with little features. So how did we get from that to barely functional with some features + DLC? Just no.
    Real shame too. The GitS universe has a lot of potential from Tom Clancy style semi-simulator shooters, to Deus Ex clones & Mech combat games. Wasted potential is the worst.