World of Fishing MMO Enters Open Beta

Insel Games have launched the open beta for their fishing MMO, World of Fishing.

The game is a fully realized fishing MMO in that you can customize your avatar, start out with basic gear and just work your way up to tracking down massive sea-creatures. There are over 30 locations from around the world, as well as a huge variety of 360+ fish types.

Each fish “battle” pans out in real-time, where you can wrestle against the game’s realistic AI – with the developers saying the combination of challenging yet entertaining gameplay is as close to the “real thing” as possible.

If you’re interesting in giving World of Fishing a try, head on over to their official website.

1. Azure
    Azure
    November 8, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Why is this so un/appealing at the same time? I could imagine this game getting really addictive once you push through the 1st hour of the game or something.

November 8, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Any fisherman worth his salt knows that you shouldn’t wear bright colours while fishing.

I don’t know why this is a MMO, but kudos to the devs for trying something like that.

3. dogmentation
    dogmentation
    November 8, 2015 at 3:38 pm

I’d give this a try, but I can’t pry myself away from Paint Drying Simulator 2015. My guild there is kind of a big deal.

4. Isaac Sadler
    Isaac Sadler
    November 8, 2015 at 5:57 pm

Hope this does well, if people see other types of MMO’s working maybe they would be more likely to try something new rather then make WoW clone #9000

5. Jack
    Jack
    November 8, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Chill games like this are cool as hell, don’t even lie

6. SolidSalamander
    SolidSalamander
    November 8, 2015 at 8:06 pm

I’m not really sure what to think of this. I’ve always thought fishing games were kind of silly, I mean it’s just fishing. But making it an MMO?…talk about bizarre. I gotta give props to the devs though, trying something different with an MMO. Though honestly if an MMOG isn’t an A.S.S.F.A.G.G.O.T. or the typical MMORPG, it’s already accomplished something.

7. ReaperX30
    ReaperX30
    November 8, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Will be a nice change from killing monsters or whatever. I’ll give this a try.

8. Tubsiwub
    Tubsiwub
    November 8, 2015 at 9:15 pm

“Unrivaled. realistic animations” …excuse me? I’ve definitely seen better…

9. John Tesh
    John Tesh
    November 9, 2015 at 9:07 am

I hope it’s a big hit.

10. FalseTragedian
    FalseTragedian
    November 11, 2015 at 11:48 am

I don’t know how well MMO fishing will work as a concept, but I can definitely see why there’s room in the world for at least one open-world tropical vacation simulator.

11. Richard Miller
    Richard Miller
    November 11, 2015 at 3:08 pm

I find MMOs fans are open for most weird games.