PQube has announced they’re bringing Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair for PlayStation 4 and Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space for PS Vita to Europe.
Both games will launch sometime in Q4 of this year, and will be made available digitally and at retail.
You can find a brief synopsis for each game below, via PQube:
Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair
PlayStation 4 plays host to the first new-generation offering in the series, Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair, which is a complete re-imagining of the previously released Earth Defense Force 2025. Utilizing the power of the PS4, Earth Defense Force 4.1 pits Earth’s military might against the deadliest giants in space like never before!
- Take on almost 100 levels – solo, couch co-op, or online with up to three friends!
- Use tanks, helicopters, jetpacks, air bikes, armoured rail guns, and giant robots to take on the invading alien force!
- Huge, open levels with fully destructible environments.
- Hundreds of weapons and gadgets from grenades, rifles, and airstrikes, to giant mecha with rocket-powered fists!
- Four different classes for unique play experiences. Soar over the battlefield as a Wing Diver, call the shots as an Air Raider, wade into the thick of it as a heavily armoured Fencer, or do it the old-fashioned way as a Ranger!
Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space
PlayStation Vita welcomes Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space – a remaster of Global Defence Force 2, which was previously released on the PlayStation 2 and is widely considered by critics to be the best in the series’ history!
- All the explosive free-roaming action of Earth Defense Force in the palm of your hand!
- Three character classes to chose from – the agile Pale Wing, the hard-hitting Infantryman, and the tactically gifted Air Raider.
- Increase your firepower with a range of heavily armed vehicles and protect (or lay waste to) the fully destructible cities.
- Join up to three friends in local multiplayer or online co-op!
XSEED Games are launching both games in North America sometime this fall.